Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Startup Problem: Weird Check Engine Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startup Problem: Weird Check Engine Light Issue

The car is a 1993 Civic DX with a 93 Integra LS motor in it. The car was originally running before-hand. A friend who owns the car was going to pull the motor, and disconnected some plugs from the motor, but ended up deciding to leave the motor in the car.

Last night, I was trying to help him to get it to crank back up, but had no luck. The starter would turn over, and then engine would try to start, but didn't. We had a check engine light so we checked the code.

The check engine light flashes a value of 10, which is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature Sensor). But the weird thing is, the SRS light constantly flashes while the OBD1 Service connector is jumped.

It was getting cold outside last night, and we were tired and hungry, so we gave up for now. I plan on checking all of the fuses, etc. soon.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thank you.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Startup Problem: Weird Check Engine Light Issue (BenB)

Hmmm.. I would say check main relay, fuses, spark plugs, all the basic stuff first. But since your getting that CEL, I'm a little bit puzzled.

From my understanding when the SRS light constantly flashes it means that you did the dignostic check correctly.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BenB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But the weird thing is, the SRS light constantly flashes while the OBD1 Service connector is jumped.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's supposed to flash the srs light with it jumped. Have you checked the IAT sensor wiring?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Startup Problem: Weird Check Engine Light Issue (wilsel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilsel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's supposed to flash the srs light with it jumped. Have you checked the IAT sensor wiring?</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, I did not know this. I am used to EK's and OB2 DC2's, and anytime I've jumped the service connector in these cars, it didn't do this.

Thank you.

I have a feeling it's a stupid fuse or wiring issue. I will look over all of it this evening. I don't know exactly was unplugged/replugged, etc.

Would the IAT Sensor keep the car from cranking?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess it that he had to extent the 2 wires for the IAT to reach it's postion on the new manifold for the LS, and one came loose. I ran into the same problem when installing a JRSC. If you need the the pinouts for the ECU to check the wire continuity PM me.