Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

starting problems today

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems today

okay so i go home on break from work today, head back to my car and no crank. fuel pump kicks in and lights turn on everything, so i jump my car since i'm on a hill and i turn back around just to make sure everything works fine. turn the car off, try to turn it back on and no crank, so i jump it yet again and park my car in my driveway.

car stays on the whole time only stays off if you turn it off, any ideas? i was thinking either the starter or battery.

could somebody shine any other light?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: starting problems today (EGkid)

anyone?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:46 PM

bump
Old 07-30-2005, 01:49 PM

If the light turn on when it's off, and the car keeps running after you start it, its most likely the starter. My buddy had the same problem with his integra
Old 07-30-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: starting problems today (ShadyBAB)

I would deffianately guess the starter, I just had the same problem. What happened to me: I came out of the SuperMarket, got in my car, turned the key and "click", "click". No Start . Later that day, I figured that it was my starter, so I took it out and drove to Autozone to have them check it, the starter " Passed" the test. I figured it must have been my battery than, so I bought a brand new battery and re-installed my original starter.Turned the key again and, "click, "click", than it started. I than figured that it must have just been the battery, later down the road I went to start my car, and "click", "click" "click" X 15. Finally it started. Now I know it must be somethign other than the battery.

So I finally take it to a professional Auto repair shop(because I had a new distributor, wires, spark plugs, coil, battery, etc. I was lost like you), he did not even hesitate to tell me it was the starter, he said the reason it passed the Autozone test was because my starter is about to go out(which explains the every once in awhile start up). So I told him to check my engine for a headgasket leak, and now my car is out for a week as it is getting a new engine.

But long story, short I bet you it is your starter going out, the jumping of the battery only gives it enough power to start, until the starter is completely dead, than there will be no use to jump start your car because it wont start.
good luck, hope this helps!!