Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SS Brake Line Question, who has Technafit lines???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Brake Line Question, who has Technafit lines???

Got a question for you guys with SS brake lines (Technafit in particular)...

I've had them on my car for a good three weeks now, and I noticed that the front driver side line has a crack in the black "insulator" (See 1st pic). Should I be worried about it? I'm real paranoid when it comes to SS brake lines (that's why I bought technafit with the coating over it). What do you guys think?

Maybe my installation was wrong? Any comments on how the lines are routed, etc etc... I made sure that the line wasn't in contact with anything through the entire range of motion.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SS Brake Line Question, who has Technafit lines??? (lowgman)

It doesnt look that serious. Check it every once in awhile (When you clean your brakes or inspect them, for example) and if you see any leakage or brake fluid seeping out then you have a problem.

FWIW I have some Russell SS lines and for some reason the brackets didnt really line up with the stock locations on one side....So pretty much theyre zip tied to the Knuckle. Ive autox'ed the car plenty of times and daily drive it and Ive had no problems what so ever with it rubbing or cracking.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SS Brake Line Question, who has Technafit lines??? (JOEY F.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JOEY F. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It doesnt look that serious. Check it every once in awhile (When you clean your brakes or inspect them, for example) and if you see any leakage or brake fluid seeping out then you have a problem.

FWIW I have some Russell SS lines and for some reason the brackets didnt really line up with the stock locations on one side....So pretty much theyre zip tied to the Knuckle. Ive autox'ed the car plenty of times and daily drive it and Ive had no problems what so ever with it rubbing or cracking. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't look serious now, but I am worried it will become a problem later on. I wouldn't want one of these lines to pop while driving. Fortunately, I e-mailed technafit and they will be sending me new front lines shortly.