Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SRS/Seatbelt Wires driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS/Seatbelt Wires driver seat

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2000 Civic dx, and the SRS light is on. I took the driver's seat out to clean the carpets, and the wires under it aren't connected to anything. The plug is disconnected. There are two wires coming in to the space under the seat from underneath the carpet that I was going to connect to the wires on the plug, but now I'm second-guessing myself. The wires coming from the seat are thicker, and one is red, the other black. They also have no yellow wrap or tape or anything else to indicate they are SRS related. The two wires coming out from underneath the carpet are smaller, and not the same colors. They're the same kind of wires used on the speakers all around the car.

I'm assuming the wires coming from the seat are the seat belt wires (but why isn't the seat belt light coming on when I'm driving?), and my first thought is the wires coming out the carpet are the mating component to those. But I'm not sure. Can someone knowledgeable on this system advise me?

David

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Wires coming from the seat (presumably seatbelt). One is red, the other is black. I guess all you can see here is the plug. I promise there are wires attached to it!

Wires coming from under the carpet. I added the bullet connectors before I decided I should ask about whether to connect them. One is red with a blue stripe, the other is black. They're different gauge (thinner) than the wires in the seat.