Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SRS problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS problems

The SRS light just below the stock tachometer keeps going on. Also, when I'm driving if I apply the brakes my radio goes out for a few seconds, and sometimes all the gauges go dead. This also happens when I turn on my high beams. I've checked all the fuses and their fine. I think it might be the alternator, but how can I be sure. Are there any diagnostics I can do without having to send it to a mechanic? Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: SRS problems (cassius)

Classic alternator failure symptoms.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRS problems (Archidictus)

hey im at the last step for resetting the srs memory where the light blinks twice on and off; then i turn off the ignition.

But after i start the car again, the light wont go off, can some help me
Old 05-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS problems (thrty8street)

http://www.superhonda.com/foru...t=srs

Here you go ! oh yeah and if this still does not work then something is still unpluged

Modified by 95sihb at 10:27 AM 5/9/2004
Old 05-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS problems (95sihb)

it worked but when i turn off the car, and turn it on again, the srs light is back on. help please. i checked and everything is connected.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

then i would more then likely say that a srs component sensor has gone bad ,example (airbags)( seatbelt ) . I'm sure you have done this over and over again but try again. check fuses then connections , or nicked wires

what where the steps you took to reset/or turn off the srs light ?
Old 05-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95sihb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">then i would more then likely say that a srs component sensor has gone bad ,example (airbags)( seatbelt ) . I'm sure you have done this over and over again but try again. check fuses then connections , or nicked wires

what where the steps you took to reset/or turn off the srs light ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Directions for erasing memory on SRS light
1st you need to either buy or make the "SCS Service Connector." I used a speaker harness for and older Honda which you can buy at a local stereo shop such as Circuit City or Best Buy, and cut the wires and looped them together. You can also use a paperclip but that will make it a little more difficult because you have to connect it and disconnect it a few times quickly.
2nd you need to find the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector

It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i used these instructions i used. at the last step the light DID blink twice, so that is how i know that i am doing it right
Old 05-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I read some other post you posted in and i think you seid that you took out , your stereo cp player ( not sure if it was the stock radio ) but for some reason I think that the stereo completes the srs circite and with out your stereo the srs will be on all the time, you may want to but your old stereo back in , the try to reset your srs and see if that works if it does not then I can't see why it's not working,...... one more thing take the srs fuse out for like a minute with no key in the ignition then put the fuse back in and turn the motor on
Old 05-09-2004, 05:41 PM

Instructions worked for me, pretty simple.

I took off my whole dash. I swear I connected everything back up, but the light stupid SRS light was still on. I didn't know you needed to reset the ******* SRS lol. I was just going to leave the damn light on, but its off now.

HT
Old 05-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95sihb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read some other post you posted in and i think you seid that you took out , your stereo cp player ( not sure if it was the stock radio ) but for some reason I think that the stereo completes the srs circite and with out your stereo the srs will be on all the time, you may want to but your old stereo back in , the try to reset your srs and see if that works if it does not then I can't see why it's not working,...... one more thing take the srs fuse out for like a minute with no key in the ignition then put the fuse back in and turn the motor on </TD></TR></TABLE>

i didnt do the FUSE thing maybe thats the problem