Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

srs light on 1995 honda civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srs light on 1995 honda civic

awhile back when i was putting my header on one of my friends cut my old o2 sensor wires which was fine because i had bought a new one anyhow. but he did this without informing me and i started the car with the open end of not coverd. as you would expect the car shorted out and shut down. everything was fine, except my srs light. i have read other threads on how to reset the srs light but i dont know if that will work for my problem. the threads i have read gave these reasons only for the reset: Unplugging your gauge cluster, Unplugging your SRS harness(es) when you remove your seats, Unplugging any other SRS plugs and turning your ignition on. which of course does not cover my problem. if anybody can help me i would be very thankful becuase i am quite sick of seeing the little red light.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: srs light on 1995 honda civic (95lscivic)

make ur friend fix it
Old 01-28-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: srs light on 1995 honda civic (95lscivic)

un plug the light.... best advice ive got.. i have the same problem
Old 01-28-2006, 06:36 PM
aF
Honda-Tech Member

if you take your cluster out there is a yellow plug on the back that is for you srs.just unplug it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aF)

yeah i know how to unplug the light but thats cheap and unsafe to be honest. my airbags aren't in operating condition as they sit and i know its unlikely but there is always the chance of getting into an accident. if anybody can help me please let me know on how to do it the right way. i imagine im going to have to end up going to the dealership to get the code pulled. but if there is another way id like to know.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: (95lscivic)

1) You need to find the MES Connector. On my car it was plugged into the side of the fuse box. It was yellow in color and was a 2 prong connector. The insulating material around the wires of the connector was also yellow. For me, it was easy to find. HOWEVER, I have heard of some people saying that they had a green connector located near the hood release latch. Wherever your connector is located, it is plugged into a "dummy harness." Hence, the prongs are not actually plugged into anything; the "dummy harness" just holds the MES Connector and prevents it from bouncing around.

2) Clip one alligator clip to one of the prongs and the other alligator clip to the other prong. If you're using 2 strands of wire, you won't be clipping, but twisting or shoving the wire into the respective prongs.

3) Hold the two ends of your wire together, so that they are now connected.

4) Keeping the wires connected, turn the ignition on (Do NOT start your car).

5) The SRS light comes on for about 6 seconds and then goes off. Quickly disconnect the two wires.

6) The SRS light will come on again. Quickly reconnect your wires.

7) The SRS light goes off. Disconnect your wire connection and leave the wires disconnected.

8) If you did this correctly, the SRS will blink twice.

9) Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds.

10) Turn the ignition on, thus starting your car, and hopefully the SRS light will now be off.

11) Turn your car off, assuming the above instructions worked and your SRS light is now off. If not, either retry the instructions and/or verify that nothing else is wrong.

11) Remove your wires, do not cross them at all or let them touch. Replug the yellow/green connector back into the "dummy harness".

12) If the SRS light comes back on (assuming you reset the SRS correctly and the light was off), then something is malfunctioning in the SRS Airbag System and you'll have to see a dealership or repair shop.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scorpnaz)

hey thanx ill have to try that out. where did u get that information?