Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

squeeky uhh p/s belt from uhh timming tensioner?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeeky uhh p/s belt from uhh timming tensioner?

ok so i tightened my timming tensioner and now when i turn my wheel while im at a complete stop the belt squeeks. do i need to just adjust the p/s pulley? i have fluid in the resevoir but it is getting low could it just be that? or could it be something else?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:48 PM

Timming tensioner has nothing to do with anything but the timing belt. How old is the belt? It usually squeeks because it is loose.(from being old) The fluid also has nothing to do with it squeeking.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:38 AM

Default Re: (electronb16si)

all my belts are about 3 months old. if i have a loose timming belt then do i need to just re-tighten the tensioner? it was making like a deep hollow noise til i tightened the tensioner now the noise is gone and i didnt think it would have anything to do with the p/s but since i tightened it everytime i turn the wheel its hard to turn and squeeks.
i hate power steering

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: