Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

squeeky brakes or bearing?

Old 06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeeky brakes or bearing?

I just got back from an exhillerating ride down a curvy road with me sales manager (good friend of mine happens to be my boss) and as soon as we start to slow down (after giving the brakes some major hell) I hear squeeking. As we pulled off from the old raod the squeeking continues. As were goin down the road, the squeeking fruequency speeds up and slows down as we speed up and slow down. When we get back to work and I go to park it, Im rolling backwards and the squeeking gets louder (or intense). Now Ive heard brakes squeek before but not like this. Im hoping its not a bearing.

If youve had any experience with this kind of problem, what ended up BEING THE PROBLEM?? Come on brotha's Help me out!!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Electrician

Have you tried to pinpoint the location of the noise or are you giving us this problem on where you "think" the noise is? Bash your car, things will break.

Remove your wheel and try to spin the rotor, check where the noises are coming from.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

if the brakes arent generally new you might have worn them down lol and most calipers have that little metal piece that scrapes when the brake pad is worn thin, i would check those first, its a precautionary measure so you know when your brakes are worn, i would check that out
Old 06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Electrician

Just to make you feel better, I had a screeching sound coming from both my rotors up front. Faster I went, the louder it was. When I reversed, I still had the noise. Turned out to be the rotors needed to be resurfaced.

Maybe all that braking you were doing in your "exhilarating drive" warped the rotors and you'll need to get them resurfaced.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that problem. The squeek is much louder when going in reverse. THe pads are just about done so get them replaced along with new rotors or have them turned.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe all that braking you were doing in your "exhilarating drive" warped the rotors and you'll need to get them resurfaced.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA lol
Its definitely the right rear brake. I just checked it a little closer. Im hoping that its just the pads but knowing my luck I'll have to buy new, or resurface the rotors. Its a 92 si so its a disc, I was planning on getting a brake upgrade anyways, I guess this is just as good of an excuse as any.

Ive seen different prices for the whole kit (front/rear discs and calipers), who do you guys KNOW (sponsors prefferably) that has a good price on a quality kit?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (allanonjj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allanonjj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HAHA lol
Its definitely the right rear brake. I just checked it a little closer. Im hoping that its just the pads but knowing my luck I'll have to buy new, or resurface the rotors. Its a 92 si so its a disc, I was planning on getting a brake upgrade anyways, I guess this is just as good of an excuse as any.

Ive seen different prices for the whole kit (front/rear discs and calipers), who do you guys KNOW (sponsors prefferably) that has a good price on a quality kit?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ImportRP is a sponsor here on the board and carries lots of brake stuff. I bought some Brembo blanks from him with oem pads. Good service and good prices