Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SQUEAKY suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQUEAKY suspension!!!

I have all new suspension on my car (Shocks, springs, lower and upper control arms, all new balljoints...) and my car is sqeaky as hell, especially when i take inclines really slow (like pulling into my driveway really slow) its just creaky as hell.

I tried squirtin some grease (white lithium) on the moving parts and it helped for like a day but then it just started sqeaukin again. It doesnt effect performance or anything but its just annoying as all hell, im thinking maybe the swaybars are causing the majority of the noise and i just need to regrease the bushings but i was wondering if anyone else has similar issues and what they did to resolve it...

What is the correct grease to use on the swaybar bushing/mounting points? I have the suspension techniques kit (poly bushings)
Old 06-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SQUEAKY suspension!!! (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have the suspension techniques kit (poly bushings)</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's your problem right there. Marine grease may last a few months at best.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok yeah the last time i actually greased the bushing on the bars was about 2 years ago, time for a fresh coat i guess.

You say marine grease is best? The stuff they came with was really thick n sticky
Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 AM

have you tried taking the swaybars off?? .. i have a gsr swaybar on my si.. and i think it makes squiky noises when i pull up in the drive way sideways... i dont know if its the swaybar but im guessing
Old 06-15-2006, 10:30 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: (sinanovicha)

My car is so damn squeaky all the time. Any bump on the road, inclines, whatever. Just turn the radio up.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just turn the radio up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah yea
Old 06-15-2006, 10:51 AM

yeah.. if u got a bitch in your driver seat and shes tryin to have a convo... you gonna yell in hear ear ahahah??? .. if u dont make it right you dont get nun man but if you turn the radio down.. all that squiky noise gonna expletive you up man .. on the other hand them bitches are used to squikiness
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 AM

I dunno about you, but I don't take my bitch anywhere in my car. Only exhaust I wanna hear when I'm driving is out my tailpipe.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Diet Honda Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Diet Honda Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dunno about you, but I don't take my bitch anywhere in my car. Only exhaust I wanna hear when I'm driving is out my tailpipe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

mwahahaha
Old 06-17-2006, 06:12 PM
grammer nawzi

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinanovicha &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah.. if u got a bitch in your driver seat and shes tryin to have a convo... you gonna yell in hear ear ahahah??? .. if u dont make it right you dont get nun man but if you turn the radio down.. all that squiky noise gonna expletive you up man .. on the other hand them bitches are used to squikiness </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's why you don't bitches. My wife just yells over the radio and the squeaks. furthermore, if you're on a date should not be takin the civic anyways; that's why I have a nicer date car.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's why you don't bitches. My wife just yells over the radio and the squeaks. furthermore, if you're on a date should not be takin the civic anyways; that's why I have a nicer date car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, ditto that, that's what my friend's viper or my GTI is for (though none of them have a back seat (I pressume you can attempt something in the back of the GTI though it's a tight fit no matter how you split it)) -- But my civic doesn't squeak to begin with, maybe b/c I don't have any aftermarket support bars.

I know my GTI was squeaking when I went over weird inclines like that but I forgot what I replaced to get rid of it... I wanna say struts but I'm not sure if that's what it was.. It does sound like a sway bar though, greese it up is ur only bet if it continues to do that...and I don't know what greese is best for that :-\

Good Luck
Old 06-18-2006, 06:24 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-- But my civic doesn't squeak to begin with, maybe b/c I don't have any aftermarket support bars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe that's because your Civic is totalled. Nice work.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:55 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: SQUEAKY suspension!!! (AutoXer)

poly bushing will make a little noise.. its the price you pay! its like motor mount inserts will make alot of stuff rattle in your car.. same idea