Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Spring squeak/ too much bounce?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring squeak/ too much bounce?

Alright guys i just finished installing my suspension setup... KYB AGX's on Ground Control's for my '97 Ek. First problem.. the springs seem to be sqeaking (more from the passenger side) also the setup seems to bounce... should i make the shocks stiffer or softer to minimize the bounce back from the shocks? any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Spring squeak/ too much bounce? (lswift)

Bump for me
Old 04-28-2005, 05:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lswift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright guys i just finished installing my suspension setup... KYB AGX's on Ground Control's for my '97 Ek. First problem.. the springs seem to be sqeaking (more from the passenger side) also the setup seems to bounce... should i make the shocks stiffer or softer to minimize the bounce back from the shocks? any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the exact same setup on the same car except i bought integra springs which have a slightly stiffer spring rate then the civic ones since all 92-00 civic/integra gc's fit the same...i dont know how or if you can fix the squeaking, but mine have always squeaked and so have all my friend's with the same setup and i got use to it pretty quick, its not too bad...you need to read what you just said in the bold again and actually think about it...if it bounces, why would you want to make the shocks softer? pretty common logic to me if your on this website...i have my agx's set on the middle of soft and stiff in front and back (front-2, back-4)...i mean it bounces a little bit, but it is also something you get used to and something to expect when you buy this setup...when i set it on all stiff, it was a rougher ride just not bouncy (if that makes sense)...whenever i would hit a bump on all stiff the cd player would skip lol but i also still have the stock head unit with a cd changer...so pretty much from what i understand its just something you gotta get use to and pretty soon you wont even realize it...
Old 04-28-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Spring squeak/ too much bounce? (CivicEX96)

Thanks ill try those numbers and see how if feels... I can't really hear the squeak if my music is on or over my exhaust.. And since it sounds to be common ill jus let it slide... Thanks CivixEx96
Old 04-28-2005, 06:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lswift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks ill try those numbers and see how if feels... I can't really hear the squeak if my music is on or over my exhaust.. And since it sounds to be common ill jus let it slide... Thanks CivixEx96</TD></TR></TABLE>

no problem...mine is the same way i cant hear the squeak unless i have the windows down and no music...but i also suggest you still try to find out if maybe there is some way to fix it, try searching something with suspension or just bump this thread of noone responds...
Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 AM

the pillow mount tops are not seated good or really worn causing sqeaks
Old 04-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: (sadangryboi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sadangryboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the pillow mount tops are not seated good or really worn causing sqeaks</TD></TR></TABLE>

that seems to make sense... they seem to be seated right.. maybe they are too worn out anyone else got any ideas on why they are squealing.. it mainly only does it when make turns