Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SPRING INSTALL NEED HELP

Old 03-24-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPRING INSTALL NEED HELP

OK GUYS I JUST GOT SOME SPRINGS FROM THE LOCAL SHOP NEAR MY HOUSE THEY ARE APEX SPRINGS FOR A 94 INTEGRA.. I ASKED THE GUY IF THEY WILL FIT MY 92 HATCH AND HE SAID YEA AND I ASKED A COUPLE OF KIDS TO AND THEY SAID YEA SO TODAY WHEN I WENT TO WORK I ASKED MY MECHANIC NEXT DOOR FROM MY JOB TO PUT THEM ON...SO HE DID WHEN I GOT BAK TO WORK MY REAR WAS HIGHER THAN STOCK AND MY FRONT WAS DROPPED TO THE FLOOR,,NOW I GOT VX RIMS AND THE WHEELS WERE ALL THE WAY IN THE WHEEL WELL.... SO I CALLED HIM AND HE TOLD ME THEY ALL THE SPRINGS WAS THE SAME SIZE SO HE JUST PUT THEM ON.... I'M CONFUSED NOW HELP ME OUT GUYS DID HE PUT THEM ON WRONG...THERE ARE APEX SPRINGS ON STOCK SHOCKS AND ONE REAR KYB GR2 I HAD TO REPLACE IT CAUSE IT WENT BAD... WAT WENT WRONG?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SPRING INSTALL NEED HELP (nyjdmhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nyjdmhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK GUYS I JUST GOT SOME SPRINGS FROM THE LOCAL SHOP NEAR MY HOUSE THEY ARE APEX SPRINGS FOR A 94 INTEGRA.. I ASKED THE GUY IF THEY WILL FIT MY 92 HATCH AND HE SAID YEA AND I ASKED A COUPLE OF KIDS TO AND THEY SAID YEA SO TODAY WHEN I WENT TO WORK I ASKED MY MECHANIC NEXT DOOR FROM MY JOB TO PUT THEM ON...SO HE DID WHEN I GOT BAK TO WORK MY REAR WAS HIGHER THAN STOCK AND MY FRONT WAS DROPPED TO THE FLOOR,,NOW I GOT VX RIMS AND THE WHEELS WERE ALL THE WAY IN THE WHEEL WELL.... SO I CALLED HIM AND HE TOLD ME THEY ALL THE SPRINGS WAS THE SAME SIZE SO HE JUST PUT THEM ON.... I'M CONFUSED NOW HELP ME OUT GUYS DID HE PUT THEM ON WRONG...THERE ARE APEX SPRINGS ON STOCK SHOCKS AND ONE REAR KYB GR2 I HAD TO REPLACE IT CAUSE IT WENT BAD... WAT WENT WRONG? </TD></TR></TABLE>

First problem is that you need to press the cap lock off on your computer. This is in direct violation of TOS.

Secondly take the car to a competent mechanic who knows what they are doing. This guy doesn't sound competent at all. Look like he put the front springs in the rear and rear in the front. Also sounds like he left out that tapered washer that's suppose to go between the shock and the rubber bump stop. That is what's causing the front to be "tucked" inside the fender well. Tell him to put your stock springs back on and take it to a more competent mechanic who knows what they are doing.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:39 PM

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=4
bottom of page shows spring rates.

the difference in rates would cause the NEW ride height
Old 03-24-2005, 06:41 PM
H.crx-si

yup sounds like front springs are on the rear and rears are on the front. Another thing is that the integra springs wont drop your civic much because tegs weigh more so you wont get the same drop as a teg would.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:56 PM

ok thanks guys i think i'm gonna try and do it my self tommorrow just switch them around.... but i'm scared that he mixed them up like one bak in the front and one front in the bak cause left rear is higer than right rear ... and how can i tell the diff in front and rear ??????????
Old 03-24-2005, 07:36 PM

look and see which of each wheel is at which height. the front lowest one should probably be on back and the rear highest one should be on front. so switch those 2 and see how it looks. if still off, switch other two
Old 03-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SPRING INSTALL NEED HELP (civictildeath)

take the all off
and redo it
Old 03-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The front springs are longer than the rears when uncompressed.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: SPRING INSTALL NEED HELP (EX_AutoXer)

the rear coils are thinner and closer together to each other, and the fronts are thicker and the coils are farther apart
Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok guys i did it i'm on my friends name thanks alot... the guy didn't read the letters on the springs va is front and ra is back so i did it and it looks nice i'll post pics soon thanks guys