Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash?

Old 02-18-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash?

Well, i have been thinking of throwing some Spoon products onto my engine and i have been wondering if it is really worth the price u have to pay? Is Spoon products that good or are tehy just rediculously over priced? Waht makes their products so damn good to be that damn expensive? Done a search got nothing with my keywords (way too many results).
Thanks.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash? (JDM2NR)

get what you can afford. i like all my spoon products
Old 02-18-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash? (Kid1320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kid1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get what you can afford. i like all my spoon products </TD></TR></TABLE>

i am always wondering why spoon stuffs so expensive too... but the quality is no doubt.
for example, the spoon header is made by toda, cam is made by toda, etc.

Old 02-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i see you have the spoon sports logo(the swan) for your avator.but you dont know anything about thier products?kinda funny
Old 02-18-2004, 02:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (second edition)

seriously, i think that carbon/kevlar intake arm is the biggest peice of garbage for the price it cost. ******* rediculous. i very much doubt that the intake arm can do better than any cold air. u can feed a 3rd world contry for the price of spoon ****. sorry had to vent..

PS: no offese kid1320
Old 02-18-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (second edition)

Its a Crane. And im not here to start any arguments if thats what ur looking for. Im just curisous is it really worth the money?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: (JDM2NR)

lol I thought it was funny that you had the spoon avitar also...

As far as the products, I think there is just as good quality out there for a better price.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since you are edgy about the price of spoon products, i say just get what u can afford. some people have money that they can play with and some not. if you have to think twice aobut spoon, dont get it. you get what you pay for.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its a Crane. And im not here to start any arguments if thats what ur looking for. Im just curisous is it really worth the money? </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eeJayeiGht &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seriously, i think that carbon/kevlar intake arm is the biggest peice of garbage for the price it cost. ******* rediculous. i very much doubt that the intake arm can do better than any cold air. u can feed a 3rd world contry for the price of spoon ****. sorry had to vent..

PS: no offese kid1320</TD></TR></TABLE>

hhaha that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

again buy what you can afford.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The quality is good, I think most of what you're paying for is their R&D
Old 02-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THEINTEGRATION)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEINTEGRATION &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The quality is good, I think most of what you're paying for is their R&D</TD></TR></TABLE>

BINGO! (as with most "jdm" products)

-Bryan-
Old 02-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Im just curisous is it really worth the money? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I run a Spoon N1 rear-section, and I do so not because of the name or the bling-bling but because it had everything I was looking for in an axle-back (as I write on my webpage). It's all stainless-steel, it's light at 7.94 pounds, and the tip is only about 2.5" big. I'm sick and tired of these shitty 4" and 5" tips that look ridiculous, IMO. The only other way I could get a small tip was if I stayed with my OEM muffler or bought a universal muffler and not have a tip welded on.

I decided to go the Spoon route, and I'm glad I did. I wasn't looking for something to give me power (that's what the turbo was for) but just something to add a little more growl when I get on the gas ... and growl it does. If OBX made something like the Spoon then I would've probably bought it, but it ended up that Spoon made what I wanted, so I had to pay the expensive price. Kinda sucks, but they were the only one that made something that fit my requirements.

Pics are on my webpage. http://home.pacbell.net/lebui
Old 02-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Banned

I don't think you can speak for SPOON but only for individual products. Some things are beyond compare, and some things are mediocre that are high priced cause of the name
Old 02-18-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: (#jefs0ng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by #jefs0ng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think you can speak for SPOON but only for individual products. Some things are beyond compare, and some things are mediocre that are high priced cause of the name
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Word yO!

Most of there stuff is just for bling but some of it is pratical like there oil pump.

Modified by func-tion at 4:38 PM 2/18/2004
Old 02-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash? (SOL-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOL-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

for example, the spoon header is made by toda, cam is made by toda, etc.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, the cams are made by spoon from oem blanks. Who knows the header is made by...

Do you have proof?
Old 02-18-2004, 03:53 PM
I missed the boat

Default Re: (func-tion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by func-tion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Word yO!

Most of there stuff is just for bling but some of it is pratical like there oil pump.

Modified by func-tion at 4:38 PM 2/18/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I don't know about thier oil pump but I agree with you, some Spoon parts are definetly worth the money because of the quality and R&D involved.....others are just rebalanced factory Honda parts with a incredible markup.

I personally have Spoon SW388's and the mirrors, the wheels I purchased (from a friend) and the mirrors I got for Xmas (prolly never would have bought the real thing). Just my $0.02
Old 02-18-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: (func-tion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by func-tion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Word yO!

Modified by func-tion at 4:38 PM 2/18/2004</TD></TR></TABLE> researchthe parts you are gunna buy .. before you buy them..some spoon stuff is really worth the price.. others are just for bling.. the key is to research before yu spend the cash
Old 02-18-2004, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash? (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First of all, the cams are made by spoon from oem blanks. Who knows the header is made by...

Do you have proof? </TD></TR></TABLE>

can you do some serach first and repost it?
i am 100% sure the camshafts, cam gears and headers are made by toda.
calipers are made by nissan...
most of their products are made by other well known and quality ensure companys.

i been to the spoon facility in Japan
Old 02-18-2004, 04:05 PM

with spoon you really get what you pay for it most cases. like there hood and duck bill fit very well. but they cost a grip.. around 800 for the hood. but its the best stuff around. of course its like buying an armanie suit you pay for good quality product and for the name also.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:21 PM
mike93eh

guys, quit kiddin yourselves, you are just paying for the name. spoon is out to make money just like everyone else, but most of you are just falling for their scam, or just have a ridiculous amount of money and could care less...
Old 02-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike93eh)

Spoon Makes quailty parts and the more expencive than most because the quailty is better. Like there hoods thermostat fan switch and raditor cap and much much more go to http://www.inlinefour.com ! The kick ***! I used to think the same way as the guy that posted above me untill i started doing reserch on there products and when you start doing that you will realize how good spoon is! and what ever you do dont settle for Spork! that would be Fake Spoon!

Modified by ANOTHER_JDM_EG6 at 6:03 PM 2/18/2004
Old 02-18-2004, 04:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOL-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

most of their products are made by other well known and quality ensure companys.

i been to the spoon facility in Japan </TD></TR></TABLE>

nissin not nissan

on spoon's quality
Old 02-18-2004, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash? (Kid1320)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kid1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get what you can afford. i like all my spoon products </TD></TR></TABLE>
dude what are you talking about nothing is spoon on your car
Old 02-18-2004, 04:37 PM

i been to the spoon facility in Japan </TD></TR></TABLE>
cams are regrinds of oem ones... calipers made by nissin not nissan

Modified by electric_ at 2:30 AM 2/19/2004
Old 02-18-2004, 04:54 PM

I bouhgt some spoon products and i'm very happy about it. You pay for the R&D and the fact that most parts are track tested. They make great quality products that are more expensive but if you look around you can get them on sale. http://www.aj-racing.com or http://www.speedstar.ca

Cams are regrinds of oem honda ctr, the calipers are made from nissin, the header i do not know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spoon: Pay the cash, get trash?