Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SPOON owned my engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPOON owned my engine!!!

wow, so i am having a serious throttle problem that developed tonight and i swear its from my spoon radiator cap.... my car is sputtering under 3k rpms but then it is runnning fine above that,,, the only thing i can think of is that my SPOON radiator cap is a piece of **** so somebody give me some feedback on this asap or i just might have to flame spoon untill they go out of buisness, and to think i wanted wristbands too.

thanks for the views and i understand if you never answer another one of my posts but this is serious, i am susposed to take a trip tomorrow and i need to know whats wrong with my engine.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (euclid)

have you tried switching back to the stock piece in an attempt at troubleshooting?

any other symptoms? is this during startup or all the time?
Old 02-22-2003, 10:40 PM

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (hanson said)

no now that i think about it its definatley not the radiator cap b/c i installed it about 6 months ago and the problem just started tonight.................. anyway i was just driving around, it was raining pretty hard, and my engine started to lose power, so now its got like no power untill 3k rpm then it kicks in like a super-vtec to normal capacity. its the stock motor in a 94 ex w/ only a short ram, could it be that i sucked up some water, there were some big *** puddles from rain a snow runnoff tonight?

edit. it doesnt seem to do it when i just rev w/ the clutch pushed in, only when im in gear and trying to accelerate... im stumped on this one

[Modified by euclid, 3:42 AM 2/23/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was gonna say it might be from sucking up some water, but if you only have a short ram, that would be a serious puddle. i don't want to just send you off to start buying parts and what not, but how long has it been since you changed your fuel filter?

are the symptoms occuring at all times (start up and regular operating temps)?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no now that i think about it its definatley not the radiator cap b/c i installed it about 6 months ago and the problem just started tonight..................
[Modified by euclid, 3:42 AM 2/23/2003]
After having read your posts, I feel like I am one the smarter individuals on this planet. Never would I have posted something so absent minded as you have.

One minute you are ready to attempt to scar SPOON's rep, and the next minute you are showing some signs of logical thinking.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This problem would related to a high pressure rad cap..... x 1000000
Old 02-22-2003, 11:37 PM

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (spoonek4)

Try replacing your spark plug and spark plug wires. Sounds like cylinder 1 or 2 might not be getting sparks. Good luck
Old 02-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (gohandbz8)

Try replacing your spark plug and spark plug wires. Sounds like cylinder 1 or 2 might not be getting sparks. Good luck
how the **** can you diagnose the exact cylinder he is having the problem with?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did u ever dry out ur distributor cap?
Old 02-23-2003, 12:01 AM
In The Garage

this will fix 102.41% of your problem. bad plug wires, all the way. one more possibility could be the seal on your distributor cap is worn/gone and water got in there. just do a full tune-up (rotor button, dist. cap, dist. cap gasket, plug wires (NGK), and plugs (NGK-Rs). problem solved
Old 02-23-2003, 08:58 AM

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (22lbGS-R)

alright thanks alot guys, i definately think it is somehow water related b/c like i said i drove through alot of it last night. ill check the ingnition first.

first of all i never really thought that it was from my spoon ******* radiator cap i started a post titled "pulsating throttle under 3k rpms?" and got 6 total views, 3 of which were mine, and NO replys. this just proves that honda tech is a bunch of bandwagon ****** ricers that will open any thred with the word SPOON in it but completely overlook a true technical problem.... and to you peopel that flamed me for being stupid about bashing spoon, b/c you truely thought that i believed my radiator cap was at fault.... lol

[Modified by euclid, 2:02 PM 2/23/2003]
Old 02-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a good idea euclid!

"help, my SPOON magnetic drain bolt is breaking axles!"
Old 02-23-2003, 09:04 AM

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (Spoon Hybrid)

thats a good idea euclid!

"help, my SPOON magnetic drain bolt is breaking axles!"
dude, dont tarnish spoons "perfect reputation" until you make sure. you sure are dumb.

EDIT: dont get me wrong here i would have never taken this approach if i didnt feel it was an important question. i was susposed to go up to new hampshire today to go snowboarding but i didnt get any replys last night until it was too late to do anything about it. it was purely out of desperation.

[Modified by euclid, 2:08 PM 2/23/2003]
Old 02-23-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao, stupid me
Old 02-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (Spoon Hybrid)

**** ... glad i can go ahead and put my spoon cap on
Old 02-23-2003, 02:56 PM
In The Garage

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (chameleon)

well, i can say that i found the humor behind the whole spoon thing. i knew you didnt think it was the radiator cap, which is why i said nothing about it. just be sure to flush your cooling system with SPOON antifreeze once a year
Old 02-23-2003, 03:11 PM

. this just proves that honda tech is a bunch of bandwagon ****** ricers that will open any thred with the word SPOON in it but completely overlook a true technical problem.... and to you peopel that flamed me for being stupid about bashing spoon, b/c you truely thought that i believed my radiator cap was at fault.... lol
Modified by euclid, 2:02 PM 2/23/2003]
And to think that i was actually going to ofer up some help.
Did you ever think that maybe the people that looked at it (there were only 3) didn't have any idea's for you? not everybody has knowledge of how to properly diagnose and fix problem's....just like you .....obvioulsy if you knew the answer you wouldn't have posted here. So next time you post think about all the "bandwagon ricers" that are here and ask your self "do I really want these ricers to help me"... ..........acting like that will get you real far....

and just so this isn't a total waste of time.........try checking for a code in your ecu, generally that will give you a answer if there is one. You don't have to have a cel on in order for there to be a code stored. If you don't find a code, check your o2 sensor my car acted the same way when mine went bad........hessitate in low rpm and then pick up......
Old 02-23-2003, 03:41 PM

Default Re: SPOON owned my engine!!! (b16ahybrid)

yeah so basically out of 500 views about 4 people posted with some kind of usefull info about this problem. i needed an answer to a tech question in a short amount of time, and i knew that id have a better chance if more than 3 peopel viewed my topic and i got some bumps. dont be so quick to get on my case for pointing out that most peopel on this board are more concerned with the latest jdm fad than learning something useful. i for one am getting really ******* tired of answering every last tech question i can, even if it mean running a search myself, and then getting jack **** in return when i have a question of my own. the integrity of this board seems to be held up by about a dozen people and if you disagree you need to check your perogatives as well.