Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol?

i was looking on jhpusa.com and was looking at the exhaust and from what i remember is that they didnt make the spoon N1 for the del sol only EG,EK,EM1,DC2,EP3 etc... http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...4bedb
i know HT member DELSOLMITE has/had one but he used custom piping and just got the muffler. someone correct me if im wrong....
Old 09-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol? (Squallie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Squallie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i know HT member DELSOLMITE has/had one but he used custom piping and just got the muffler. someone correct me if im wrong....</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should use custom piping anyway because the Spoon N1 is only an axle-back. You need a B-pipe to bolt it to.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol? (Screwtape:)

im sprry but i just cant see paying $425 when im gonna hack it up anyways i just might stick with the SP2
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Multi-paradigm

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Squallie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sprry but i just cant see paying $425 when im gonna hack it up anyways i just might stick with the SP2 </TD></TR></TABLE>

But you can see spending $425 for an axleback if you don't have to hack it up? And I didn't say anything about hacking it up in the first place. The Spoon N1 is an axleback, if you read what I said before. So it doesn't include the B-pipe, which is the piping that bolts up to the cat or test pipe. So, hacking or not, you still want a B-pipe that is preferrably not stock-diameter.

And by SP2, which did you mean?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:05 PM

no im saying because the exhaust for an EG is not the same as the Del Sol exhaust therefore u would have to hack (or change) up the piping to fit the del sol. i dont mean like totaly changing everything but just a little.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Screwtape: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And by SP2, which did you mean?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Greddy Sp2 exhaust, real clean and stock looking exhaust.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:15 PM
e9

you don't have to hack up the spoon axle back it's made for the del sol, it's rediculously loud and for very little performance.

I would recommend a stainless exhaust from kteller
Old 09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol? (e9)

The axleback alones isn't very power giving... but pair it with a b-pipe and it's badass! A b-pipe for the N1 is available from Spoon, but most places won't carry it due to it's price... that and Civic/Integra owners seem to allmost allways opt for the cheapest thing they can find.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
e9

Default Re: Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol? (nub.96ek)

err um okay

mugen themselves were quoted as saying the b pipe was useless which is why they only push the axle back twin loop for a "sporty" sound. It was only after bitching they even offered b pipes on the eg ect.

the spoon n1 was designed for a race car and that "badass" sound is also illegal in many states as it exceeds the state DB limits. the s2000 version for instance is at like 122 db which could not possibly be any louder if they tried.

An RS-R exhaust will make the same gains with less noise
Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Squallie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know HT member DELSOLMITE has/had one but he used custom piping and just got the muffler. someone correct me if im wrong....</TD></TR></TABLE>

not me I was rocking the Mugen twin loop for an EG6 modified by H-T's KRAZY to fit the Del Sol. Then I sold it and used n' Espiler cat back. Thats the b pipe that I used for the twin loop too 2.5" mandrel
Old 09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
RIP 1032

$325 for the Spoon N1 from http://www.randdmotorsports.com/
or atleast it was when i got mine about 2 years ago.

just get a custom b-pipe with a flange to bolt the N1 onto. you'll love it.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon N1 exhaust now for the Del Sol? (e9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">err um okay

mugen themselves were quoted as saying the b pipe was useless which is why they only push the axle back twin loop for a "sporty" sound. It was only after bitching they even offered b pipes on the eg ect.

the spoon n1 was designed for a race car and that "bad ***" sound is also illegal in many states as it exceeds the state DB limits. the s2000 version for instance is at like 122 db which could not possibly be any louder if they tried.

An RS-R exhaust will make the same gains with less noise</TD></TR></TABLE>
The Mugen b-pipe is useless on JDM model cars, most of which already have a larger pipe diameter from the factory... 2 1/4, 2 1/2 whatever. Larger piping on a USDM vehicle is beneficial for exhaust flow... except on the CRV, quoted from King Motorsports.

By "bad ***" refering to the N1... I was speaking of the power gains from it when paired with a b-pipe, not the illegal sound emitting from it. I myself thing that the Spoon N1 is rather laud, and now rock a twin loop on a T1R b-pipe.