Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Spoon mirrors...real or fake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoon mirrors...real or fake?

How can you tell the real spoon mirrors from the fake for EG?
I'm gonna buy some used mirrors but I want to know how I can tell if they're the real one or not by looking at them
Old 08-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Spoon mirrors...real or fake? (whatVTEC)

been covered before - https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=2 still no real definite answer - look at the base plates, they should be OEM honda - not cheap plastic. BTW did you get regular (plastic) or carbon fiber? I just got the carbon fiber (ek) new in the (spoon) box me likey
Old 08-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon mirrors...real or fake? (adirondackR)

I haven't gotten any yet...but I want just the plain black ones. How much do they run brand new?
Old 08-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly get the fakes. can't really tell and no one cares.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon mirrors...real or fake? (b(series)cruz)

Thats what I was thinking, but someone told me that the vision out of the fakes is shitty compared to the real ones. But I don't know that's why I'm asking.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

aren't the mirros all fugged up on the real ones for RHD.

Search for a post by Mr. Thunderlips, who sadly is not with us anymore on this board .

There was a good thread on how to make the cheap ones actually "function" the same as stock mirros.

I would get some fake ones from http://www.JDMshit.com . I heard they're new batches are adjustable and work great. For around 75-90 shipped, better than anything else, if you like that look
Old 08-18-2003, 02:39 PM

I think I heard vision out of the fakes is better than real? I could be wrong though.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (IntegraTypeRice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraTypeRice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I heard vision out of the fakes is better than real? I could be wrong though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is also what I heard. I have the foon's and my vision isn't bad at all.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoon mirrors...real or fake? (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aren't the mirros all fugged up on the real ones for RHD.

Search for a post by Mr. Thunderlips, who sadly is not with us anymore on this board .

There was a good thread on how to make the cheap ones actually "function" the same as stock mirros.

I would get some fake ones from http://www.JDMshit.com . I heard they're new batches are adjustable and work great. For around 75-90 shipped, better than anything else, if you like that look </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah..go with the fakies...who cares
Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraTypeRice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraTypeRice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I heard vision out of the fakes is better than real? I could be wrong though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The vision out of the Spoons is superior. The problem is, on the passenger side, the knock off's don't offer enough adjustability to give you a good line of sight. With the Spoon version, it's better. I compared my Spoons to my roommates knock off's, and the difference can be seen. Mr Thunderlips trick will work though
Old 08-18-2003, 03:04 PM

Default Re: (rodrez)

Did Mr. Thunderlips create the thread?

I searched for all threads he made and nothing found on the mirrors other than the ones he was selling and seeing about getting Vision/Spoon mirrors.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (poison)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=468392
Old 08-18-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: (b(series)cruz)

Thanks for the link.

Not a bad pointer, I find my mirrors working well though
Old 08-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The vision out of the Spoons is superior. The problem is, on the passenger side, the knock off's don't offer enough adjustability to give you a good line of sight. With the Spoon version, it's better. I compared my Spoons to my roommates knock off's, and the difference can be seen. Mr Thunderlips trick will work though</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where did you get your real Spoons at? And maybe for the fakes is there different manufacters that make them, some better than others?
Old 08-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (whatVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whatVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where did you get your real Spoons at? And maybe for the fakes is there different manufacters that make them, some better than others?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my Spoons from HT member Gokooljapan about 3 years ago. I was thinking that maybe there's different company's producing the knock off version, so they should have different degrees of visibility. But I don't know for sure. My roommates were different than HT user Opi's. The mirrors were seperate, so I had him sit in the drivers seat, while I adjusted the mirror to a decent position before installing, still wasn't as clear as the Spoons, but for 80bucks, can't complain too much.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:21 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok guys you can spot the fakes a million miles away , and for people lookin for the real ones that arnt carbon fiber , good lick theve been discontinued for almost a year. the real ones have a rubber liner around the lens(alot of people take that off) , it says honda(or ek i cant remember) on the back of the base plate , and has that foam stuff on the inside . and the most identifying factor is a defect in the mirror on the right side(jdm drivers side) there is what looks like a scratch , its a defect that all spoon mirrors have that are real . the spoon mirrors are the absolute ****!! and the base plates physically look different on the outside , you can tell.

im thinkin of gettin the carbon fiber ones if anybody wants to trade i have the original plastic ones.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:22 PM
tangb2023

bought mines fake from ebay... work great.. vision great.. but dont compare to stock ones though.