Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SPECIAL Headunit Wiring!! HELP Experts!!! Thieves CUT Original Wiring... So cannot use Wiring Harnes

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPECIAL Headunit Wiring!! HELP Experts!!! Thieves CUT Original Wiring... So cannot use Wiring Harnes

Hi,

I'm in a bad predicament.

I need to install my headunit (PIONEER DEH-p760mp)... My old mobile ES was stolen and the thieves JACKED the whole thing including the Original Wiring (Ripped it OUT!)

So I need to know how to wire the headunit manually... Sigh stupid thieves...

Also... how to repair a cracked radio bezel...
Old 04-27-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SPECIAL Headunit Wiring!! HELP Experts!!! Thieves CUT Original Wiring... So cannot use Wiring Ha

what year, make, model car?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: SPECIAL Headunit Wiring!! HELP Experts!!! Thieves CUT Original Wiring... So cannot use Wiring Ha

99 Honda Civic DX Sedan

Thanks for you help!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:03 PM

NEVER REFRESH!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.InstallDR.com

Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM

All I see there is how to wire the HU with a WIRING Harness... I need to know how to wire manually EVERYTHING was ripped! only thing is Antenna and RCAs from AMP
Old 04-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Use a test light to find HOT w/ key off (goes to yellow wire on deck); HOT w/ key on (goes to red wire on deck); GROUND goes to black wire on deck. Then just look behind the speakers to find the colors of the wires for the speaker connections. Not too hard should only take you a few mins. lmk if you need ne more help
Old 04-27-2004, 12:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

All the colors in the right column are correct for a pioneer radio. Just go to autozone and get some crimp caps and a crimp tool, and hardwire it. For the cracked radio bezel, get some super glue, glue it as cleanly as possible then get spray paint or vinyl dye and cover the whole piece. Or get a new one at hondautomotiveparts.com
Old 04-27-2004, 12:33 PM

How do I hardwire the stuff?

Where do I find...

the Light Dimmer Wire
12 volt batt
12 volt ignition
and whats the best place to ground...

How to I hardwire these (Speakers are already handled by RCA?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda makes replacement harnesses for this very reason. You're not bad off as you thought.

I've posted about this in the past, at least once already.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:48 PM

WHOA they are really expensive though...

I'd really just rather ghetto fit all the wires.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sightless &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WHOA they are really expensive though...

I'd really just rather ghetto fit all the wires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont need to buy an oem one. metra makes one for like $10. you can pick it up at any circuit city, etc. my car came with the harness cut off too. its not hard to replace at all
Old 04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to find the dimmer use a test light and test the wire that is hot when the parking light is on. pretty simple, you dont really need the dimmer wire only if you want to dim your display at night, i like it bright myself.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If its just for your radio thats not hard. Just pop out where your speakers are then look at what colors they are. Then follow them where the harness would be and knock them out (move them to the side so you dont go over them again). Get a test light or a volt meter and test which are good wires for power. And remember black is 99.9% of the time ground, so move that out of the way. Hope that helps.

Holy **** great find :

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.InstallDR.com

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-27-2004, 04:43 PM

yay... it worked

I bought the aftermarket wiring for my car... (12 bux)

then when to checker to buy the Light Wire Tester (4 bux)

okay EVERYTHINGS WORKING!

YAY...

NOW people can search this post when they need wiring help...

HOW TO WIRE HEADUNIT