Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it??

Some one please give me some input
Old 04-19-2019, 07:06 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it??

Ben, we've got to know more about your setup and what you're trying to do. First, I've never heard of this company - not necessarily a bad thing, but they probably aren't a huge player. Second, looking at their website, their MAP sensors are only $35 where the rest of the industry has them closer to $100 - this is a red flag for likely being a cheap Chinese knockoff. You could try it and it could work, or it may not work, or it may only work for a couple of months, then you're going to have to buy another one. There are worse scenarios too if the sensor doesn't just completely die and instead gives false readings which could lean the engine out and tear up all kinds of stuff. Why not just go with a reputable company? Also, these are 3 and 4 bar sensors, which will not work with the stock ECU - are you running an aftermarket ECU which can support an aftermarket MAP sensor? If not, stick with an OEM Denso sensor.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaX
Ben, we've got to know more about your setup and what you're trying to do. First, I've never heard of this company - not necessarily a bad thing, but they probably aren't a huge player. Second, looking at their website, their MAP sensors are only $35 where the rest of the industry has them closer to $100 - this is a red flag for likely being a cheap Chinese knockoff. You could try it and it could work, or it may not work, or it may only work for a couple of months, then you're going to have to buy another one. There are worse scenarios too if the sensor doesn't just completely die and instead gives false readings which could lean the engine out and tear up all kinds of stuff. Why not just go with a reputable company? Also, these are 3 and 4 bar sensors, which will not work with the stock ECU - are you running an aftermarket ECU which can support an aftermarket MAP sensor? If not, stick with an OEM Denso sensor.
Thanks for the feed back brother yeah i got chipped ecu fully tuned already. I was thinking the same since it's so cheap. Dont wanna risk losing a motor over a sensor. I have a fully built gsr for turbo cp piston eagle rod css block an full Brian crower head stage 2 cams on a gt35r turbo b16 tranny in a em1
Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Sensor needs to be the same bar range as what you have now or you will have to re-tune.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mk378
Sensor needs to be the same bar range as what you have now or you will have to re-tune.
Yeah were gunna re tune it my good friends my tuner so he takes care of me good look man