Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it?? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/sparkks-racing-map-senor-good-should-i-use-3336141/)

Ben Petrocelli 04-18-2019 05:33 AM

Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it??

Some one please give me some input

DaX 04-19-2019 07:06 AM

Re: Sparkks racing map senor? Is it good should I use it??

Ben, we've got to know more about your setup and what you're trying to do. First, I've never heard of this company - not necessarily a bad thing, but they probably aren't a huge player. Second, looking at their website, their MAP sensors are only $35 where the rest of the industry has them closer to $100 - this is a red flag for likely being a cheap Chinese knockoff. You could try it and it could work, or it may not work, or it may only work for a couple of months, then you're going to have to buy another one. There are worse scenarios too if the sensor doesn't just completely die and instead gives false readings which could lean the engine out and tear up all kinds of stuff. Why not just go with a reputable company? Also, these are 3 and 4 bar sensors, which will not work with the stock ECU - are you running an aftermarket ECU which can support an aftermarket MAP sensor? If not, stick with an OEM Denso sensor.

Ben Petrocelli 04-19-2019 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by DaX (Post 51913723)
Ben, we've got to know more about your setup and what you're trying to do. First, I've never heard of this company - not necessarily a bad thing, but they probably aren't a huge player. Second, looking at their website, their MAP sensors are only $35 where the rest of the industry has them closer to $100 - this is a red flag for likely being a cheap Chinese knockoff. You could try it and it could work, or it may not work, or it may only work for a couple of months, then you're going to have to buy another one. There are worse scenarios too if the sensor doesn't just completely die and instead gives false readings which could lean the engine out and tear up all kinds of stuff. Why not just go with a reputable company? Also, these are 3 and 4 bar sensors, which will not work with the stock ECU - are you running an aftermarket ECU which can support an aftermarket MAP sensor? If not, stick with an OEM Denso sensor.

Thanks for the feed back brother yeah i got chipped ecu fully tuned already. I was thinking the same since it's so cheap. Dont wanna risk losing a motor over a sensor. I have a fully built gsr for turbo cp piston eagle rod css block an full Brian crower head stage 2 cams on a gt35r turbo b16 tranny in a em1

mk378 04-19-2019 01:04 PM

Sensor needs to be the same bar range as what you have now or you will have to re-tune.

Ben Petrocelli 04-19-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by mk378 (Post 51913980)
Sensor needs to be the same bar range as what you have now or you will have to re-tune.

Yeah were gunna re tune it my good friends my tuner so he takes care of me good look man