Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

someone tried to steal my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default someone tried to steal my car - 2000 Civic DX

the steering wheel cowling (you know, the top assembly plastic piece and bottom plastic assembly piece that snap together that right behind your steering wheel and surround your key ignition?) in my car is completely loose and all three screws are missing. They are nowhere to be found, not on the floor. Nowhere! SOmeone tried to jack my car (they were going to pull away the cowling and hotwire it but got scared because someone showed up most likely and aborted the operation).

I need to replace the screws now. Anyone know what part number and who would have them besides the stealer? Here is a picture of what I am talking about and it is the three screws that fasten #13 to the steering wheel colum. Thanks.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagram...ish-455532.png

Last edited by soundquest; 04-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: someone tried to steal my car

hondaautomotiveparts.com

or your local honda dealership. The dealership i work at sells them like a buck a piece.

You could have just jumped to the 'i need screws' portion and bypassed the theft story, since you seem more concerned about replacing screws than securing your vehicle from others.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First off what year is your car and then second look the part up in the instrument panel section with the link provided above or go to the junk yard and pull them. You probably will get them for free.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

people suck sometimes
Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dumb thieves, i bet if something got stolen from them, they would stop stealing themselves
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i look out my window ten times as often when i park my car out front. oooh i hate that feeling. currently suffering from no alarm so i let practical paranoia do the work lol. as for the screws junkyard free item lol.

off topic: anybody have experience with proximity alarms? like the ones where if u get too close to the car it starts giving an audible warning beep. i searched and found squat and i cant plus dont wanna clutter the threads with one on this subject.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

You MUST provide all pertinent information about your car and engine. Failure to do so may result in thread closure.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej1ryder

off topic: anybody have experience with proximity alarms? like the ones where if u get too close to the car it starts giving an audible warning beep. i searched and found squat and i cant plus dont wanna clutter the threads with one on this subject.
if your getting any higher end dei alarm the 508d will be plug and play. it does its job
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lek9l
dumb thieves, i bet if something got stolen from them, they would stop stealing themselves
or if they get their *** kicked i bet they wont do it again either.

i want to make a anti theft device

that blows the air bag in there face when they hotwire/attempt to steal it. i should run the cables in diff colors mixing the airbag with the starter etc. lock the doors and capture the whole thing on film maybe a tazer pops out with the air bag. lmao pipe dreams

Originally Posted by ej1ryder
i look out my window ten times as often when i park my car out front. oooh i hate that feeling. currently suffering from no alarm so i let practical paranoia do the work lol. as for the screws junkyard free item lol.

even with a alarm you feel scared parking not in a garage. people break all you windows to steal a stock deck these days. read postabove to stop that
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your thieves must have been pretty courteous.

My first and only theft attempt consisted of the perps prying the door handle and completely cracking off that cover and cutting all the wires to the ignition switch. They also put a screwdriver right through the screen on my double-DIN nav unit (but didn't remove it).

I don't know exactly why they didn't succeed but I do have an alarm. I found my car in this condition the next day.

Just FYI.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Axatax
Your thieves must have been pretty courteous.

My first and only theft attempt consisted of the perps prying the door handle and completely cracking off that cover and cutting all the wires to the ignition switch. They also put a screwdriver right through the screen on my double-DIN nav unit (but didn't remove it).

I don't know exactly why they didn't succeed but I do have an alarm. I found my car in this condition the next day.

Just FYI.
Dam dam dam. I hate losing sleep over this crap. I cant always park my car (95 ej1) in the garage cause i share a house wit my mom n her dude, her 01 z28 black on black maro takes presidence over my car lol. Delsolo95 wat is this dei alarm u speak of?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a one million volt stun gun and connect two wires to it and place stun gun under seat. Run the wires up through the seat and have sewn into thin seat cover. Run alarm output to relay and run relay/power to stun gun. When alarm triggers stun gun is activated. When thief sits down thief gets launched...
Old 04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DEI is basically a viper alarm.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.amazing1.com/ultra.htm