Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

someone tried to break into my car !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone tried to break into my car !!

someone tried breaking into my car by breaking through the little thing on the window..? i dont know what its called, but i think he was trying to pull out my window, cuz that lining was all pulled out and fucked up .. do window deflectors help protect against that ? is there anything i can do to prevent someone doing that again ? any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-03-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: someone tried to break into my car !! (killaj12)

No not really it's a honda.

That's one of the main way for thieves to get in. They pry your window down and reach in to unlock the door.
They did that on my crx.

Just have an autolock cause the thieves that pry windows like that are usually morons. They won't be able to steal your car if the autolock is on.
They'll just grab your air freshner and possibly your deck if it's left in. Or little stupid stuff in your car.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:24 AM

yup, its called a screw driver and a jimmy.i would invest in some sort of alarm"even a cheapy just to get your ettention.and possibly a nice glock or baretta and a few blanks,That should do the trick.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MUST we keep telling people how to break into our cars??
Its a public forum...anyone has access
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MUST we keep telling people how to break into our cars??
Its a public forum...anyone has access</TD></TR></TABLE>
Like this info isn't known by everyone out there already.

I should probably tell him how they'll tow his car too if they really want it.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, its not. IE) Not everyone knows how to spell 'vtec'
Old 03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HyBriDcxR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyBriDcxR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Like this info isn't known by everyone out there already.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, I learned most of my civics vunerabilities on this site. Knew nothing about stealing them before, but with everyone posting how to steal a car (instead of what to do to prevent the theft) I'm sure I could jack one pretty quick now if I wanted to.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (EX_AutoXer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX_AutoXer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, I learned most of my civics vunerabilities on this site. Knew nothing about stealing them before, but with everyone posting how to steal a car (instead of what to do to prevent the theft) I'm sure I could jack one pretty quick now if I wanted to.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
So you were ignorant to not know.
Not like anyone that knows how to work on cars or anything to do with them can't figure out on their own how it's done.

To post how to prevent theft is the same as how to steal a car.

So put in a kill switch. Find the kill switch and it's gone.

This is a problem that won't go away cause there's too many lazy people that don't want to work for what they want.
It's like how those people are constantly protesting the war in iraq. We ALL know that it won't end anytime soon. They won't stop protesting and the thieves won't stop stealling cars.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

need an alarm with a kill switch...or get the autolock for your brake pedal. also when installing an alarm, make sure u have two sirens, hide one under the car.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyBriDcxR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So you were ignorant to not know.
Not like anyone that knows how to work on cars or anything to do with them can't figure out on their own how it's done.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've worked on enough cars and installed enough alarms to know how to generally protect a car from theft. What I'm saying is I didn't know the specific weak points of a honda. There's a difference between saying 'disable your lock mechanism, add a kill switch etc. ' and 'you can break in easy by ... and you can pop the hood by...' That's all I'm saying. We can help people protect their cars without giving out specific information on how to steal them.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oneforce)

good luck... just a question. is the door lock **** on the top of the door interior, or is it on the side closer to the steering wheel? my 95 civic u were not able to use a slim jim and plastic rope stuff to reach it, but i had a 97 where it was ontop and begging to be opened by everyone

maybee you could do a custom door panel converion that would make it alot harder to get to, like try and use older civic or integra door panels and junk from a local honda acura junkyard
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oneforce)

install a kill switch to your ignition. get switch from auto parts store for $1.45, some wires, female and male end terminals and you're done. It is very easy, cost basically nothing and you are the only one who knows where the switch is. you can even hide it behind some of the a/c control buttons. I have an autolock and a kill switch. You can never be too safe. It is also possible to hook the switch up to your fuel pump. they can try to do a "rolling jump" and they will not get anywhere.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, its not. IE) Not everyone knows how to spell 'vtec'</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, true
Old 03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you know all the weaknesses of your car it'll help you know how to strengthen them or eliminate them altogether. (Know how a thief steals stop him b4 it can happen.)
Old 03-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (extra cam needed)

I'd like to add my .02 in here.

I don't really want information such as this posted here. If you must, take it to PMs, but I really don't want the next up and commer with big aspirations of stealing our already target cars learning ANYTHING that would help them here.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

You don't learn how to steal a car on Honda Tech. People that steal cars are around other people that teach them this ****. A lot of car thieves come out of repair or towing jobs. I can see how you may think otherwise, but I grew up around punks that have been in and out of juvy for stealing cars. I could have ended up that way, but I rose above it instead. People have been jimmy-ing cars before the internet ever came into popular use. Everyone knows japanese cars are particularly vulnerable to this technique. It's worth the risk of accidentally teaching some computer nerd how to steal cars if we can help each other make our cars that much harder to steal.

In any case, I think a simple solution would be to fold a piece of sheet metal over the top of the bars that open and lock the door. I'm about to attempt it myself and add it to this site:
http://members.***.net/shaundr....html