Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

kae well i got a 1996 civic ex that im changing the head gasket...and on the process of putting back the head i stripped the head bolt...wack so i was wondering if theres anyone who might know if i can use something to hold the bolt to the block bcus i stripped it...i only stripped one so the other ones still hold..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT IF U KNOW ANY INFO

THANKS REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP
Old 07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! (Davidkak)

TTT
Old 07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Davidkak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kae well i got a 1996 civic ex that im changing the head gasket...and on the process of putting back the head i stripped the head bolt...wack so i was wondering if theres anyone who might know if i can use something to hold the bolt to the block bcus i stripped it...i only stripped one so the other ones still hold..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT IF U KNOW ANY INFO

THANKS REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP </TD></TR></TABLE>

Gah, you can drive it, but if you go to high in the rev's and/or engine gets too hot, you can fry ur gasket and in turn warp the block.

They make reverse drill bits - drill it right into the center and back that baby out of there.

The head gasket is one of the few things I insist pple don't cut corners on.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not recommended to re-use OEM head bolts I suggest ARP's if you stripped the bolt remove it asap and make sure there are no metal shards inside the head. Never use dammaged head bolts if you care for your motor.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boost and bass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boost and bass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its not recommended to re-use OEM head bolts I suggest ARP's if you stripped the bolt remove it asap and make sure there are no metal shards inside the head. Never use dammaged head bolts if you care for your motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2

Not only that, but ARP's are cheaper than OEM IIRC. They're usually stretched if there's some miles on the motor, so it's usually best not to reuse them. I wouldn't on my motor.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

And you can re-use ARP's if needed. I wouldn't do it, but it can be done.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 PM

Default Re: (ke98248)

u can use a vice grip to grip the bolt and get it off.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 PM

you can use a Heli-coil and you can buy the kit at any good auto parts store. It comes with a drill bit and tool and the Heli-coil. its like putting the threads back in the block. They work pretty good. I would take a head bolt with me to get the correct thread and pitch size. And buy your new head bolts.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! (taztwnpa)

Ive seen this work on stock motors before <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by taztwnpa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can use a Heli-coil and you can buy the kit at any good auto parts store. It comes with a drill bit and tool and the Heli-coil. its like putting the threads back in the block. They work pretty good. I would take a head bolt with me to get the correct thread and pitch size. And buy your new head bolts. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! (slvrcvc93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by taztwnpa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can use a Heli-coil and you can buy the kit at any good auto parts store. It comes with a drill bit and tool and the Heli-coil. its like putting the threads back in the block. They work pretty good. I would take a head bolt with me to get the correct thread and pitch size. And buy your new head bolts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that's the correctly put version of what I said.

It's probably your best bet if you can't get a grip on it with vice grips.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Gah, you can drive it, but if you go to high in the rev's and/or engine gets too hot, you can fry ur gasket and in turn warp the block.

They make reverse drill bits - drill it right into the center and back that baby out of there.

The head gasket is one of the few things I insist pple don't cut corners on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! (Syndacate)

thanks for the help
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM

I have reused my ARP's 5 times now and NO ISSUES. Torqued to 90ft/lbs every time they have been used on my H22A