Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Someone help with this stupid Code 14

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone help with this stupid Code 14

Alright long story short i have a 2000 Civic Si... B16A2 i had a check engine light on reading code 14 and i even had a scanner hooked up and it read the same thing so then i replaced the IAC and it still did the same thing so i further looked into it because the car idles all messed up at 1500 when the check engine light came on and it bounces off 1600 like there is a rev limiter but if you give it enough gas it goes pass 1600 but its still really boggy.... and this only happens when the car gets hot... so then i looked into it and realized that my main ground wire was all messed up and nasty so i replaced it and cleaned off all the others after that the car drove beautifuly for 3 days then it came on all of a sudden and started to act the exact same way with the code 14 and all and i replaced the iac and everything so i dont know what to do if someone can maybe lead me in the right direction it would be much appreciated thanks
Old 12-02-2006, 11:22 AM

a couple things to try..
1. bleed your coolant, get all the air bubbles out. If that doesnt work,
2. search on how to fix the FITV. if the wax screw inside is loose this can be your problem.
3. vacuum leaks, loose wiring.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

thanks man ya i havent tried bleeding the coolant, and honestly i never heard of the FITV what is it... but ya ill have to look into all that and get back to you thanks for your info man i appreciate it.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: (Unluckyhonda)

Another thing to try is to.. Take off the intake from the throttle body. Look inside the TB and youll see 2 holes before the butterfly, one on top and one on the bottom. With the car running, plug one of those holes with your finger and see if the erratic idle calms to a smooth idle. If one of those works come back and tell me which one it is, this will further help to diagnose your problem.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

thanks ya ill try all that but im gonna be busy today but ill get back to you tomorrow thanks again man because im sick of this crap haa oh ya and just to let you know kinda fun fact might you say i have a 2000 honda civic si it stock and it has 294xxx miles on it ha now tell me someone who has a higher mileage with the stock motor still in the car thats gotta be some record haha thanks ttyl
Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Unluckyhonda)

alright ya i havent had the chance to blead the coolant yet but today i ran the car till it got hot like it always does *BOOM* starts to idle at like 1500 and be all boggy and stuff so now i plugged off the hole near the top of the throttle body and the car idled down to what seemed like base idle so now that you have that info can ya take me from there and let me know... if i get time ill try to bleed the coolant... thanks again
Old 12-03-2006, 10:03 AM

take the FITV off its 3 bolts, and 2 coolant lines. on one side your gonna see a flat cover with 2 screws holding it on, take the 2 screws off.. now your gonna see a white wax screw that you can fit a flathead screwdriver to turn it. Turn it all the way until it seats, dont gorilla tighten it, just snug. Put the cap back on, put everything back together and bleed your coolant..