Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Somebody Help, I'm freezing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody Help, I'm freezing!

My stereo was stolen like 6 months ago, which resulted in me finding the car with the entire center console dash piece shattered, with the climate control hanging. I put it all back together after spending alot of money to get the parts. So it's all good, I even got a brand new stereo from my girlfriend. Then winter hits! I slide the **** to red to get some heat going and i get nothing. So yeah I take the whole dash apart and find the cable that goes down to the lever that controls the temp. The cable is just hanging freely! I don't know how it goes back in. If somebody has a link to a parts diagram or knows how to fix this please help!!! Thank you!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Somebody Help, I'm freezing! (schpiel)

what year car? is it the cable on the inside or the one that goes into the fire wall into the engine bay?
Old 12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Somebody Help, I'm freezing! (who-got-rice)

Stupid me for not saying first off that it is a 96 civic. And it's the one on the inside of the car that hooks into the levers underneath the dashboard in the center.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's kinda complicated. I have the same problem. This would work on my 92 hatch, unsure about others.

The cable slides in a plastic sleeve. It gets routed down behind (and kinda to the right of) the stereo and through a space to underneath the glove box, on the left side. There's a loop on the end of the cable. If you feel underneath the glove box on the left side there, near the edge, you will feel the post that it hooks onto. About 1/2" long, sticks down, about the thickness of the ink/inside part of a pen.

In my case, the sleeve came unfastened from the bottom of the climate control module, and now the whole sleeve moves instead of the cable. I've been looking for a whole new module but haven't got one yet. It's ok though, cuz in the meantime, you can reach down while still in the driver's seat and adjust the heat by moving that post forward and back.

It's ghetto as hell, but at least you don't have to be cold until you can figure out how to route that cable.

<edit> ok, so literally as i was posting this, you posted that it's a 96. sorry.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Somebody Help, I'm freezing! (dr92cx)

its all good man. but yeah I can adjust the thing with my hand right now, and it is very ghetto, and horrible looking cause I have the entire bottom of my dash dropped out. it works of course, but I hate spending money on my car and then having idiots mess it up so now I have to fix it to put it back into normal working condition, money i could have used for more mods.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I hear you. My car is bone-stock right now b/c I live in a kinda theft-prone area...Anyhow, if it's a similar setup in your car, I don't think it really matters how you route that cable as long as it isn't pinched or anything. The point is to get it so that the sleeve stays put and only the cable moves back and forth. Let us know how it goes