Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Some really tough questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some really tough questions!!!

For those that order their performance and accessories online which format of payment do you prefer use; credit card, debit card or snail mail?
Old 02-28-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (Spartanic)

What makes this decision so tough?

I usually use my debit card---almost same thing as a credit card...
Old 02-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (Cuong-nutz)

just got a credit card and I use that, then transfer from my checking account right away . No interest, no debt, and piece of mind when ordering, can't beat that!

I used to give my Mom cash and she would use her credit card.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (Emerica)

Now that I just got me debit card with the visa symbol I use that, but I used Paypal a few times in the past and it worked fine.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (gsr_vx_hatch)

I use my visa because i have proof in case then say they never recieved my payment.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:35 PM

I used to give my Mom cash and she would use her credit card.
damn I still do that lol...Need to get me one of those...Credit Cards

PLus: When you order something big like a motor if you ever do...Most credit companies have some policy or something like the Escrow service where if a company doesn't give you what you payed for...they will seize the money and put it back in your account or something like that..Im not really sure about all the details but there is such thing
Old 02-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (Si.Hatch.92)

yeah, the credit card company is on your side. If a merchant fails to give to you what you paid for, and you prove this to your carrier, they generally take the money back and credit you back if the merchant doesn't make an attempt to fix the situation. Sometimes you can even keep the product

Most debit cards don't have this kind of control, unless your credit union/bank has stated otherwise. My credit union said they deal with the debit cards the same as credit cards, but I know some don't.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So your sayin that even if you did recieve the prodcut you can still lie to the Credt Card company that you never recieved it and then you'll get your money back?!?
Old 02-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Solbros Owns Me

So your sayin that even if you did recieve the prodcut you can still lie to the Credt Card company that you never recieved it and then you'll get your money back?!?
what are you talking about?

no, cause you're lying.

I'm talking like if you get a damaged product, you prove to the credit card company what you purchased and what you receieved, they contact the merchant, they don't comply, and they refund your money and the merchant gets nothing. All the credit card co. will do it pull the funds out from their account. They lose nothing, only the merchant. And since they failed to comply, why shoiuld the credit company send back the damaged goods?

sens...
Old 02-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I suppose what your sayin is true, but some online company's do have a disclaimer saying that they are not responsible for any damaged products that arrive on your doorstep and that you'll have to resolve this problem with the shipping company, most likely the merchant will show the credit card company this disclaimer. I know of a few online merchants that have this disclaimer. So I guess if you get a damaged product from a site that has this disclaimer then the credit card company won't be able to refund anthing exept maybe tell you to talk to the shipping company about the damaged product and that you should've read their discalimer first before ordering, but who reads it anyway? Whew! Anyhow just my input and not meant to affend anybody.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

just fyi you guys... the best way to pay for ANYTHING online is to contact your credit card company and get an instant number for the amount you intend to spend only chargable by the vendor you pick. IE you call up (or go online) and they issue you a 1 time use cc# that way you don't get hit with any hidden charges you can't be defrauded by... 1 the company 2. someone who works for the company 3. someone easdropping on your communications.

ESPECIALLY if your using your debit/credit card or a checking plus card because they are not insured AT ALL usually so if someone does get access to your account they can instantly empty out your bank account and the bank in most cases will tell you to F off.

All the major CC companies offer a service like this.. it only takes a couple of minutes and it protects you from fraud.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Some really tough questions!!! (NonovUrbizniz)

I preferably use a Visa check card. But in every case there is a paper trail on every transaction that takes place. I work at a bank and deal with these damn claims everyday. It does take time for everything to process, but when you pay for something over the phone or via internet, it processes as an "electronic check" most of the time. On top of everything, every company keeps records of items shipped with addresses and dates. So if you make a false claim, somebody on the other side has proof that you are wrong. If you ever do have problems with an "identity theif", file for an "Affidavid of unauthorized transaction" and file a forgery claim. But most of the time you are safe. Just never send cash or money orders. Money orders can't be identified by the sender sometimes because sometimes you fill in the recievers name by hand. Good luck on your purchases.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if paypal is an option.. then that first.. then credit card. well that's me