Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

some one plz help me im new!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some one plz help me im new!!!!!

ok i have a 2000 civic hatch with a b18c1 swap intake exaust just got it 3 days ago when i put a down payment on the car it had a jackson racing superchager on it 3 days later the previous owner blew the housing on the super chager removed it put the original intake manifold on with the intake, it ran like a dream for the first two days but today...i drove to school still rode like a dream(i go to vo-tech) drove from school to tech about 30 mins it was still riding perfect! on the way home from tech something really weird started to happen?!?! every time i wouldd push in the clutch the motor revs like from 800rpm to about 2000rpm sometimes even to 3k! every time i push in the clutch...it gets worse i get it home go inside for a while, about an hour, go back out hoping that what ever that was is gone jump in go to start it up and it has trouble starting!!!! the car only has 80k on it and the b18c1 has about 6500 i say the odometer of the gsr it came out of i finaly get it started reverse to turn around and before i could get it into first i noticed it idleing very low like barley 500rpm then it died! i started it back up left my driveway went to community service(i am on probation) the whole way there it still did the thing when i pushed in the clutch bouncing up and down from 800 to about 2k rpm...kinda like in a rythem about every second it jumps up go to C.S. get out go to start it and again i have trouble starting it this time on my second try to start it made a grinding sound, like the starter, give it a little gas starts up leave on my way home it still did the thing when i push in the clutch.

like i said i am new to the whole honda thing i did a little reserch on them before i puchased one, but i have no where close to the knowledge some of you guys do on here, trust me ive been reading! actually i e-mailed some one on here about a meet in west chester i would love to go but not if she is running like she is now! any info tips anything, i also noticed one of the belts(no clue what the name of the belt is) is "wobbeling" like the pulley it is on isn't on right but not wanting to screw it up any more was waiting till i could take it up to my mechanic to fix this prob! plz someone help i like absoulutely fell in love with this car and now it starts this ****! thanks a bunch i know its a long post -TOM
Old 03-31-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: some one plz help me im new!!!!! (gsrhatch1126)

**** typo the b18c1 has 65000 or 65k miles on it my bad
Old 03-31-2005, 04:33 PM

ok i am a horrible typer when i talk about the belt wobbeling i mean to say it is on the pulley just fine but almost like the pulley is on crooked

thanks sorry about the way i am typing just i am alittle stressed i spent all this money on the car and 3 days later i am haveing a problem
Old 03-31-2005, 05:33 PM

just talked to someone on the phone said that when it jumps around when the clutch is in it is normal? srry if i am sounding like a retard on here but this is the first 5 speed i have ever owned. my buddy also said not to worry about the low idle he will just set the idle higher and that the belt has nothing to do with it but he will straighten it out for me. and that i am over reacting and to just chill every thing is cool, funny how i have known him for 4 years but i just don't believe it till i hear it from one of you guys who i don't know at all haha plz someone reply
Old 03-31-2005, 05:43 PM

anyone plz?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrhatch1126 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just talked to someone on the phone said that when it jumps around when the clutch is in it is normal? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Only if your foot isn't all the way off the gas pedal.

Usually it should drop to about 1000 rpms and hold there, and when you come to a complete stop, then drop down to idle speed, approx 750 rpm.

The low idle can be adjusted. There is an idle bleed screw on the throttle body and you can turn it out a little until the engine rpms come up. If that doesn't help you just might need a new idle motor.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: some one plz help me im new!!!!! (Marauder)

where is the location of the loose pulley?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: some one plz help me im new!!!!! (IHateJDM)

o...first the loose pulley is because it is a b18c1 swap it is located towards the front of the car on the right if your standing in front of the car...the way it idles is when ever my foot is completely off the gas and i have the clutch in it revs it self up over and over just about every second vrooom...vrooom...vroom over and over till i let go of the clutch and give it gas but if i am moving and let go of the gas but don't press the clutch it won't do it.
so i think i may have figured this whole thing out frist off the pulley thing was me not knowing what i was talking about cause its a swap. no this revin' business and low idle i am told is because of the air intake and idle control, i was told when the previous owner got a JRSC put it on it leaked a little took it off got it rebuilt put it back on, blew it! took it back off. in all this commotion when taking it on and off, the air intake and idle control got dirty. I was told that honda's air intake and idle controls are very sensitive to dirt making it do this? now all this info is from the guy who sold the car to me and is offering to do the repairs for free if thats all it is am i being bullshited or does this make sense to you guys? well anyway i am going up to his place after school tom. so i will keep you posted on the outcome thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:01 AM

well just incase anyone really cares or someone else comes across this problem themselves: the problem was the airintake and idle control located onthe back of the intake mani between the firewall very simple to do once the car cools do just two bolts to remove it took about 7 mins. thats it once replaced solved all problems i was having
Old 04-06-2005, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn, I read thru the whole post and was about to suggest you replace the IACV only to find out you already did.