Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

some oldtime trick for cleaning that engine up real nice internaly w/o disassembly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some oldtime trick for cleaning that engine up real nice internaly w/o disassembly!!!

i hear you can add one qt of transmission oil to your fresh engine oil and it will make that engine sparkle inside! also you add one qt of trans oil to your empty gastank and fill her up to clean up the engine too? (my dad did this to his caddy and said he didn't see ne difference) you can poor a cup of distiled water down the tb to clean the piston and valves? (this i tried and she idles smoother) so i can vouch for that one working! a bunch of blk sh*t blew out of the tailpipe. how about filling the crankcase w/ diesel (never done this) and running for 2 mins and then drain and fill w. engine oil?? do these work?? anyone else have experience with any of these oldtimes engine tips??
Old 09-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Re: some oldtime trick for cleaning that engine up real nice internaly w/o disassembl

I actually did the one with the diesel before. My instructor is a real oldtimer and he showed me this trick. But, the thing is we always did it on older cars and trucks never on any late model.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some oldtime trick for cleaning that engine up real nice internaly w/o disassembl

Originally Posted by MoreBoost!
I actually did the one with the diesel before. My instructor is a real oldtimer and he showed me this trick. But, the thing is we always did it on older cars and trucks never on any late model.
what did you do>? did you add the trans oil to the tank or engine oil? i wana clean the inside out and the pistons and valvetrain. its a 89 f250 7.3 navstar. i wonder if this works on the civic engines too?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM

We always add it to the engine oil NEVER into gas. It works some what like the Gunk engine flush.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you lost any compression because of carbon buildup being removed?