Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

some newb questions............

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some newb questions............

a bunch of newbie questions... im just trying to maintain my 98 civic ex. its auto, so i dont plan on doing any mods to it at all, i just want it to last so i figured id try to fix some of the things ive found wrong with it.............when the headlights are turned on, the labels for the controls of the air conditioning are supposed to be lit up. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. i have to hit the bottom of the dash a few times in order for these controls to light up. is there any way i can fix this??..........the INT level for my windshield wipers just stops in the middle of the windshield. also, when i turn off the wipers from any of the levels, it stops wherever i stopped them instead of going back down level with the hood of the car. is there a problem with the wiper relay? how do i fix this?.................what is the best way to clean the dash without leaving streak marks? same question with windows. i cant figure out an easy way to do this and it annoys me very much.....when i first got my car, there were a bunch of dings from shopping carts and stuff. nothing too major, but is there a way to get rid of them without going to an autobody? if there isnt, how much would it cost to get rid of them?...........if you can help with any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: some newb questions............ (silver ej)

uhhh the thing bout tha dash, i got tha same prob on my eg but then again itz a HONDA.....N bout tha windshield wipers u set it on intervalz n wait till it goes all tha way down....then turn it off...but then again itz a HONDA i use Armorall wit a rag to clean tha interior very good givez a FAB shine. N for windowz use a CLEAN rag wit windex N for tha paint u could buy touch up paint from KRAGENZ o sum shiet like dat. N for dentz for example on a fender o panel, remove it (fender o panel) bang it back out wit a hammer o watever. then paint it wit tha touch up paint (dupli-color scratch fix 2 in 1)autozone, pepboiz, kragenz should have it

aight? U BEEZIE!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: some newb questions............ (FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uhhh the thing bout tha dash, i got tha same prob on my eg but then again itz a HONDA.....N bout tha windshield wipers u set it on intervalz n wait till it goes all tha way down....then turn it off...but then again itz a HONDA i use Armorall wit a rag to clean tha interior very good givez a FAB shine. N for windowz use a CLEAN rag wit windex N for tha paint u could buy touch up paint from KRAGENZ o sum shiet like dat. N for dentz for example on a fender o panel, remove it (fender o panel) bang it back out wit a hammer o watever. then paint it wit tha touch up paint (dupli-color scratch fix 2 in 1)autozone, pepboiz, kragenz should have it

aight? U BEEZIE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

It looks like your having some trouble locating the Spell Check icon. Just for reference, it's seven icons from the left.

Also, as bolded above, never bang out body panels with a hammer. Thats just dumb.

To shine up the dash I always use Son of a Gun protectant spray or wipes.
For the glass, just use Armoral glass wipes.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: some newb questions............ (unite)

[QUOTE=unite]

It looks like your having some trouble locating the Spell Check icon. Just for reference, it's seven icons from the left.

Also, as bolded above, never bang out body panels with a hammer. Thats just dumb.

u could go to a AOUTOBODY SHOP n spend lotz of money on weldin work or just do it ghetto at home cuz dat shiet workz fin N I DUN GIVE A *** BOUT MY SPELLING U PUNK ROCK BEEZIE
Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=unite]

u could go to a AOUTOBODY SHOP n spend lotz of money on weldin work or just do it ghetto at home cuz dat shiet workz fin N I DUN GIVE A *** BOUT MY SPELLING U PUNK ROCK BEEZIE</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't spell or quote...Lol .
Old 06-24-2005, 12:58 PM

so theres really no way to fix the lighting problem for the air conditioning? maybe like a wire or something is loose? i have no idea. as for the cleaning, i have armorall spray so i'll spend some time on that later. as for the dings, i guess ill just leave them. they arent very noticable, and hey, its an older car, anyways. thanks for the help but if anyone knows what to do about this lighting situation or any other info about the wipers, that would be great
Old 06-24-2005, 03:43 PM

Pull the center console out and check all of the wires. If the lights come on after you hit the dash a few times it may be a loose wire.

And the wiper thing. May be a relay problem. Might just have to buy a new relay (or get one from a junkyard)

And Christ man, you made my head hurt by trying to read that garbage you posted.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: some newb questions............ (nota-eg)

how do pull out the center console and what exactly am i looking for?
how much are wiper relays and where would i get one?

what was so garbage about what i posted? sorry if i sound retarded, i just dont know what im doing
Old 06-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what was so garbage about what i posted? sorry if i sound retarded, i just dont know what im doing</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not what you were asking, just the fact that it was hard to read because of the lack of punctuation. Use paragraphs please

Just get used to a lot of rude douche bags on Honda-tech, though!

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do pull out the center console and what exactly am i looking for?
how much are wiper relays and where would i get one?

what was so garbage about what i posted? sorry if i sound retarded, i just dont know what im doing</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant this garbage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uhhh the thing bout tha dash, i got tha same prob on my eg but then again itz a HONDA.....N bout tha windshield wipers u set it on intervalz n wait till it goes all tha way down....then turn it off...but then again itz a HONDA i use Armorall wit a rag to clean tha interior very good givez a FAB shine. N for windowz use a CLEAN rag wit windex N for tha paint u could buy touch up paint from KRAGENZ o sum shiet like dat. N for dentz for example on a fender o panel, remove it (fender o panel) bang it back out wit a hammer o watever. then paint it wit tha touch up paint (dupli-color scratch fix 2 in 1)autozone, pepboiz, kragenz should have it

Relays, I'm not sure how much they would cost. You could call up a dealership and ask them how much their wiper relays are, or you could call up one of the new online OEM parts stores I have been hearing about. I'll let you know their website if I ever see it again.

I'm not sure how to take the climate control out, but if you search I'm sure you'll find out how.

I don't know how the 98's are, I own a 95. For me it would be taking out the console w/ the pocket & ashtray. I'll have to take mine out in a few weeks to replace some bulbs. Been meaning to replace those anyway.

Sorry if you thought I was jumping you. It was a little hard to see the questions because they were all run together, but I was refering to the guy that looked like he looked up all of his words on urbandictionary.com
Old 06-25-2005, 09:49 AM

Im still looking online for a relay. ive found a lot of them for pre-96 models, but i'm having trouble with the 98. i'll find it eventually, they're costing about 55 dollars shipped. thanks for that help.
As for your intention on replacing your bulbs, ive seen people's dash lighting done up in all of one color, like red. i don't think it comes factory on any civics or anything, so im assuming red bulbs were put in the place of the factory ones. can that be done do you think?

I understood what FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep said because all my friends talk like that lol weirdos
it's all good though, FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep, they're all decent people
Old 06-25-2005, 03:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant this garbage.

Relays, I'm not sure how much they would cost. You could call up a dealership and ask them how much their wiper relays are, or you could call up one of the new online OEM parts stores I have been hearing about. I'll let you know their website if I ever see it again.

I'm not sure how to take the climate control out, but if you search I'm sure you'll find out how.

I don't know how the 98's are, I own a 95. For me it would be taking out the console w/ the pocket & ashtray. I'll have to take mine out in a few weeks to replace some bulbs. Been meaning to replace those anyway.

Sorry if you thought I was jumping you. It was a little hard to see the questions because they were all run together, but I was refering to the guy that looked like he looked up all of his words on urbandictionary.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

*** u beezie, hope u get jumped by crackheadz......smartazz
Old 06-25-2005, 03:53 PM

Do you not believe in using the letter S....?
Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRISCOthaCITYdatDONTsleep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*** u beezie, hope u get jumped by crackheadz......smartazz </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are the same type of person that we are discussing in the "This forum is going down the crapper" thread. education is free in this country, take advantage of it.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do pull out the center console and what exactly am i looking for?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here you go man http://helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp buy a shop manuel and it will help a bunch all your questions will be answered
Old 06-26-2005, 10:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are the same type of person that we are discussing in the "This forum is going down the crapper" thread. education is free in this country, take advantage of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dun care.......****** NOOB*****
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: some newb questions............ (EG_intheworks)

thanks for the link, ill check that out. and please, for the sake of me getting points taken away for creating a flame thread, stop with the noob crap. we all start somewhere
Old 06-29-2005, 05:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the link, ill check that out. and please, for the sake of me getting points taken away for creating a flame thread, stop with the noob crap. we all start somewhere</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-29-2005, 05:52 PM

yup in preschool, then kindergarden, elementary, then high school....and like nota-eg said education is free in this country
Old 06-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

reading isn't supposed to be a chore
Old 06-30-2005, 07:40 PM

what exactly can this touch up paint be used for?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what exactly can this touch up paint be used for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exterior blemishes. For instance you have a scratch in your paint, you just put the touch up paint over the blemish/scratch.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some newb questions............ (EG_intheworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG_intheworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here you go man http://helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp buy a shop manuel and it will help a bunch all your questions will be answered</TD></TR></TABLE>

Buy the $69 manual because it is worth more than what you paid for! Even a Haynes is good for ~$15, but the Helms is MUCH better. And if you have a few more $$$, buy the ETM, electrical troubleshooting manual. I have them both and more than 95% of the questions you'll end up having will be resolved in these 2 manuals.

What I did is I had the 96 Civic EX, had the manuals and then bought a 00 Si, so I could reuse the manuals.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:39 AM

does it come out alright? is it noticeable at all?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM

if they are small rock chips, then it wont be that noticable...my friends black prelude, had tons of em and it came out fine. If its big and stuff it might be easier to see

Quick Reply: some newb questions............