Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Solve my braking problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solve my braking problem!!!!

Alright so here's the prob: Ever since i got this shell, the brakes have been this way. There is very stiff pressure when i step on the brakes, but the car won't actually start braking until i push it toward the floor.

Set up: Acura Integra Front brakes, 15/16 master cylinder with stock booster, 40/40 prop. valve.

It's feels like i'm stepping on the brake a lot because it's so damn stiff, however, the car won't brake. I actually have to push passed the stiffness in order for the car to brake. Any ideas on what this can be?

I apologize if i'm not making much sense, i just can't figure out a way to explain it. Picture the pedal feel of a 15/16 master cylinder, then imagine when you step on it, the car doesn't brake anyway.....it starts once you push down toward the floor....help!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Solve my braking problem!!!! (0ptimus Prime)

We bleed the brakes and also adjusted the pedal and still the same thing. Im thinking rust in the lines because theres rust all over the car.

Is there anything to break up rust that we could use?
Old 09-10-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Solve my braking problem!!!! (Luserkid)

It would be nice if you could measure flow rates through the steel lines.. Have you checked for obstructions to the pedal like a stray wire?

The lines shouldn't have rust unless it was siting without fluid in them. I would replace the rubber brake lines near the calipers and bleed the hell out of the system. Get some Russel speed bleeders to make it easier.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Solve my braking problem!!!! (hondapwr)

Also, make sure you're using good pads. I can vouch for AEM/Nissin or Axxis MetalMaster..

The Autozone "performance" pads I bought for my other car are crappy in comparison.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok after countless searching, i think i finally found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahah....everybody laugh at me, but it's not my fault, i bought the car this way!

The brake booster check valve was backwards, so it was working against me when i stepped on the pedal
Old 09-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondapwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Autozone "performance" pads I bought for my other car are crappy in comparison.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, autozone basically sucks with everything they do including the parts they sell. Luserkid mentioned the rust, I don't think the inside of the lines are going to rust, but what about the actual pedal, is that rusted or hung up somehow? It just doesn't sound like its in the lines to me, but I may very well be wrong. Take care.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Solve my braking problem!!!! (0ptimus Prime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0ptimus Prime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok after countless searching, i think i finally found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahah....everybody laugh at me, but it's not my fault, i bought the car this way!

The brake booster check valve was backwards, so it was working against me when i stepped on the pedal </TD></TR></TABLE>

Flip it around, and let us know if that fixes it.