Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sols with GReddy evo help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sols with GReddy evo help please

ok well heres the deal i've had my evo exhaust on my sol for about a year and half and never really had a problem with it because i had my 17" rims on. recently i put my stock rims back on and i have been scraping my piping under the car where the resonator connects to the s pipe. i always noticed that the piping hung kinda low but didnt think anything of it because it wasnt a problem until recently. i didnt think that the rims would make much a difference but apparently they did. at first i thought that maybe one the hangers was off and that was the cause of the low piping but all were there. i later brought it to a local muffler shop where they told me that the problem was that the flange was welded to the piping goofy and its making the piping angle downward and they suggested that i contact greddy about it. when i got home i contacted greddy and they were pretty much ******** about it trying to say that its my fault & it was probably improperly installed blah blah blah. i just wanted to know if anyone else with the greddy evo exhaust on their sol has their piping hang low?
heres pic of the problem
Old 04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sols with GReddy evo help please (velocity)

thats simple, have a exhaust shop cut of the flange push the pipe up where it should be hence rotatining the pipe upward and reweld the flange back on at the correct angle or just push it up and add a hanger!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sols with GReddy evo help please (Honda_project98)

my friend had the same problem with his hanging really low. I just welded a flange to under carage and then one on the piping and put a rubber hanger on there and it held it up perfect and the problem was gone
Old 04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sols with GReddy evo help please (Honda_project98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda_project98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats simple, have a exhaust shop cut of the flange push the pipe up where it should be hence rotatining the pipe upward and reweld the flange back on at the correct angle or just push it up and add a hanger!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well the point was that if its greddys fault that it was improperly welded why should i have to pay to have it altered. they do offer a 3 year warrenty with the product but i just hate how ******* companies always blame the buyer saying how its our fault with improper install even tho the welding has nothing to do with me or the installation. also what good is this warrenty if they not willing to back it up.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lmgrcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend had the same problem with his hanging really low. I just welded a flange to under carage and then one on the piping and put a rubber hanger on there and it held it up perfect and the problem was gone
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i might have to try that unless my bitter email to greddy changes their mind.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sols with GReddy evo help please (velocity)

i totally here you, my exhaust vibrated real bad at the flanges called em they wont do **** im just gunna have it welded togehter sick of the vib noises, my srop zone coils are now rust colored, all the paint, not powder coating that they decided to use is gone pure rust colored offer a lifetime on the springs they says its noti covered i say it loks like **** but theres nothing we can do but bitch and hope!