Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sohc port and polish

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sohc port and polish

I'm gonna port, polish, and get a valve job. I'm not gonna go too far with it. What else do you suggest I do. I'm getting a zex cam and have a skunk2 cam gear. Is there anything else maybe I need to get/do? I heard resetting your ecu helps the ecu ajust to the extra airflow. Do I need to do anything with fuel? Will I be running too lean? Or will resetting the ecu fix that? If so, how do you do it? I've heard alot of different things but I want some more opinions. Thanx alot for all the help
Old 04-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sohc port and polish (zseeanz)

If you ask me, i wouldn't put money into the sohc.
As i see your signature, it says you're getting a b18, so just save it up man, because Sohc are worthless, no one is going to give you **** for it. Unless you want to store in your garage as a backup.

Either way, its not worth putting money into your sohc, unless you'r turbo. imHHo

To aswer your question about the air/fuel thing, yes resetting the ecu works, but only once, so the ecu can recodnize thats it, you don't have to do it every week.

Modified by sshaikh01 at 9:31 PM 4/30/2003
Old 04-30-2003, 05:03 PM

Why build your SOHC when your going to put in a b-series. Save your money and invest it into your new motor you will be better off in the long run.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: sohc port and polish (sshaikh01)

I have to change my signature. I'm not getting a B18 anymore. I'm buying a house. I think that's a better investment since I'm not taking my car to the track or anything
Old 04-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you ask me, i wouldn't put money into the sohc.
As i see your signature, it says you're getting a b18, so just save it up man, because Sohc are worthless, nothing is going to give you **** for it. Unless you want to store in your garage as a backup.

Either way, its not worth putting money into your sohc, unless you'r turbo. imHHo

To aswer your question about the air/fuel thing, yes resetting the ecu works, but only once, so the ecu can recodnize thats it, you don't have to do it every week.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're a ******* idiot.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

don't give up on the d16 man, it has potential.

Old 04-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sohc port and polish (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're a ******* idiot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you make me laugh moron
Old 04-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I make you laugh? I guarantee you don't know jack about a SOHC and have no reason to be ******* one. There's probably more than a 100 on this board that would rip your Si coupe a new *******, probably including mine. So why don't you go crawl back onto the Honda Tech bandwagon and enjoy your torqueless B16.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're a ******* idiot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

on yourself.

He was stating his opinion on a SOHC buildup. He wasn't encouraging the guy to not build up, but saying that he wouldn't do it.

And he answered the guy's question too.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sohc port and polish (tominos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tominos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't give up on the d16 man, it has potential.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
word!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sohc port and polish (lazy bum shaughn)

Statements like this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sohc are worthless, nothing is going to give you **** for it. Unless you want to store in your garage as a backup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Either way, its not worth putting money into your sohc, unless you'r turbo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are FALSE, not technical in anyway, and should not be on this board. Why shame on me for pointing this out?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I make you laugh? </TD></TR></TABLE>

As a matter of fact Yes you do, moron With your stupidity.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guarantee you don't know jack about a SOHC</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow you must know me better than i know me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's probably more than a 100 on this board that would rip your Si coupe a new *******, probably including mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What, you're going to own me with your naawwwwwzzzzz
Probably so, indeed i lost to a turbo 99 EX. sohc

But, wait a minute, i never said my car is super fast y00.
So don't go around getting your panties all tangled up.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So why don't you go crawl back onto the Honda Tech bandwagon and enjoy your torqueless B16. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks i will indeed. and for the record i love my torque-less B16, it haulzz azz y000
Old 04-30-2003, 06:48 PM

I agree with Ryancivic...yeah, maybe you could have used less harsh words..but that other guy was being ignorant...those statements he made are pretty much worthless...saying a certain motor is a waste and whatnot, although there are about a billion threads about making good, affordable power on d-series makes his statements unnecessary.

I'm a lover, not a hater...
Old 04-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why are you hating on "nnnnaaaaaaaaaawwwwzzzz" now? Is it because dumb *** Fast N Furious gave it a bad name? Nitrous has been around for a long time, has always been the best bang for your buck and always will be. Ask the V8 guys.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Statements like this:
Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 »
Sohc are worthless, no one is going to give you **** for it. Unless you want to store in your garage as a backup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AAAA whats wrong with this statement. stupid jerk.
I was conserding a swap for my 96 ex, the motor had only 79,xxx original miles, you know how much i was getting for the engine, 200 thats it. and if i try to sell the car with the engine in, i get 6K cash. I suck in math, you do the math here buddy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and this:
Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 »
Either way, its not worth putting money into your sohc, unless you'r turbo.

are FALSE, not technical in anyway, and should not be on this board. Why shame on me for pointing this out? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I live to see the day when a moron like you can prove me wrong.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are you hating on "nnnnaaaaaaaaaawwwwzzzz" now? Is it because dumb *** Fast N Furious gave it a bad name? Nitrous has been around for a long time, has always been the best bang for your buck and always will be. Ask the V8 guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not hating on Nitrious and Heinz57 nor am i putting the single cam down.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: sohc port and polish (Heinz57)

Ive beat many an all motor and turbo b-series cars with my little "pointless" sohc.

They can be made to fast too.

liam
Old 04-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nor am i putting the single cam down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell do you think calling it worthless, and saying you can't get anything out of it mean?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sohc port and polish (liam821)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by liam821 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive beat many an all motor and turbo b-series cars with my little "pointless" sohc.

They can be made to fast too.

liam</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said that they're point-less.

Read my post, i said i lost to a turbo couple with a single cam.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What the hell do you think calling it worthless, and saying you can't get anything out of it mean?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hay man, don't get all excited and ****.
there more to life than to argue over the internet over just a motor, both are good motors in-deed. I have better things to do than to agure with your dum *** on the internet.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You did fix one thing by changing "nothing is going to give you ****" to "no one is going to give you ****", I interpreted that originally to mean, anything you do to a SOHC won't be worth it.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You did fix one thing by changing "nothing is going to give you ****" to "no one is going to give you ****", I interpreted that originally to mean, anything you do to a SOHC won't be worth it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a very bad habit of not proof reading ****

I ment to write no one.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So yea man, how about that port n polish.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 PM

if you going to build up the head have it all done at once. Get a threeangle or five angle valve job and such. Than the cam and you'll notice a big differnce and will probaly be able to keep up if not beat tons of si coupes
Old 04-30-2003, 07:59 PM
TheAutoboxer

Default Re: (tonesdef)

?, actauly honda's come with a 3 angle stock.. so if your gonna do it at all, do a 5

Quick Reply: sohc port and polish