Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems??????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems??????????????????

i was recently in a accident and some of my a/c parts were damaged. i need to replace some a/c parts and i want to know what is compatible from the r12 system to the r134. it was originally a r12 system but had the conversion done, i'm not really sure what was converted. i believe just the low and high lines were done.

but due to the accident the condensor and fan were damaged. i would like to go and pick up replacement parts at the junk yard, but if i get a r12 condensor is there any way to use it?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems?????????????????? (philosofy1)

BUMP!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems?????????????????? (philosofy1)

whats your location? i've got all the ac stuff outta my 94 ex coupe for sale if it would work in your car.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
* B A N N E D *

as long as you get it for your engine and it physically fits you're fine............the freon is just freon. you cant mix the 2 so make sure you purge your system completley, the only diffrence is the actual gas and the fittings, they do sell conversion kits at walmart, converts the plugs to the newer style and comes with r134a better hurry tho and dont lag within the next few years were going to see a new law preventing non-professonal consumers from buying fill bottles the law is in its BILL stage as of now and is a highly likley probablity it is going to come into effect here in 2008/9
Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems?????????????????? (suicide_shift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suicide_shift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as long as you get it for your engine and it physically fits you're fine............the freon is just freon. you cant mix the 2 so make sure you purge your system completley, the only diffrence is the actual gas and the fittings, they do sell conversion kits at walmart, converts the plugs to the newer style and comes with r134a better hurry tho and dont lag within the next few years were going to see a new law preventing non-professonal consumers from buying fill bottles the law is in its BILL stage as of now and is a highly likley probablity it is going to come into effect here in 2008/9</TD></TR></TABLE>

yesh it already has the fittings, just wanted to know if it would be fine if i picked up a condensor at the yard. if i get one from the yard how can i purge that one beofre i install it into my car and throw in r134 in it?

oh and a new law! damn that sucks. better stock up on freon!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:28 PM

You can use one from an r12 system as long as the lines fit in the fittings. The best and more safer way to purge the system is to take it to a shop and have them recover your a/c and put a vacuum to your system to suck all the air and moisture out of your a/c system.

If the condenser has been damaged, you probably lost all your refrigerant. Also before they can recover or put a vacuum to your system, all the parts have to be connected with your new parts.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so what is compatible for r12 and r134 a/c systems?????????????????? (Teaser)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teaser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can use one from an r12 system as long as the lines fit in the fittings. The best and more safer way to purge the system is to take it to a shop and have them recover your a/c and put a vacuum to your system to suck all the air and moisture out of your a/c system.

If the condenser has been damaged, you probably lost all your refrigerant. Also before they can recover or put a vacuum to your system, all the parts have to be connected with your new parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet, i don't think fitment will be a problem.
how much will purging the system run me?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 PM
* B A N N E D *

i dont know..................im not saying to do this...........................anybody reading this i am not reccommeding or saying this is remotley a good idea but it can be done for free