Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

With So many Honda theives out there, how to protect a civic now-a-days?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 With So many Honda theives out there, how to protect a civic now-a-days?

i particularly have a 99 Civic Dx, i was going to buy the Si, but i live in not the best neighborhood of los angeles, how should i protect my car, i was going to get ravelco, but thanks to H-T i wont get it seeing how useless it is. any other ideas for help protecting a 96-00 Civic??
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: With So many Honda theives out there, how to protect a civic now-a-days?

Search! There is a Audio/Security forum as well. There are all kinds of preventive stuff you can do detachable steering wheel/hub, two way paging alarm system (with good stealth install, back up battery, etc) kill switch.

There's several threads with tons of info.

Repeated topic, but i'll leave this open since it will promote the discussion of security.

I'm tired of seeing all the ''STOLEN car threads''
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM

Default Re: With So many Honda theives out there, how to protect a civic now-a-days?

clutch lock FTMW!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM

rig up a quick release on ur gas pedal! youll be unique and discreet lol

do work!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ravelco, yur car can styll get jacked theyve hacked it ppl got there cars stolen here with that on
Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1. stealth installed alarm with 2 way pager, backup battery, piezo siren in the cabin, and additional sensors.
2. clutch lock is easy and will easily slow them down. (actually saved my car once..but that isn't typical)
3. one or two kill switches that are separate from the alarm.
4. a garage
5. you can go to the extreme of pulling fuses or your ecu when you are parked in a place you really don't like.
6. removable steering wheel with locking hub
7. re-routed hood release cable will slow them down
8. you can go to the extreme of putting on a boot so the car can't even be moved without removing the boot.

All of these are methods that work. Do cars still get stolen with this stuff applied? Yes. But it is much more unlikely.

If you have to park your car in a bad neighborhood every night, I would look into some of the extremes that I listed. Really, you just need a garage. I don't even know if I would do what I do to my car if I didn't have a garage for it at night.

For additional reading and detailed how-to's:
http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...on7/index.html

Last edited by alacard; 06-26-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Global Moderator

Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything to discourage thieves. Hondas(modified or not) are very very common. As long as there is an easier car to take, 99% of the time the thief will go for the easy bait. Try to make it obvious that the car is secure so they move on. Club,Flashing dash light,etc.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If u wanna keep ur car safe. Try to do all or multiple things ex. Pull plugs, ecu, clutch, and ect. The more u have the more time it takes to steal ur car.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cut the starter main hot wire and put a $1.50 single prong toggle switch on it an hide it if someone want to start it guess what? no start unless they turn the switch on
Old 06-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hide in a tree and shoot a few thieves attempting to steal your car. Once it gets in the news, post the article in the window with a note "Want to be the next headline?"
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
Hide in a tree and shoot a few thieves attempting to steal your car. Once it gets in the news, post the article in the window with a note "Want to be the next headline?"
X2
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ek-g6
clutch lock FTMW!!!!
whats FMTW
Old 06-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm not Rick!

Do what the south Africans do and put a lowermower blade on the bottom of your car with a big spring on it...jiggle the handle...loose your legs
Old 06-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

alarm,auto lock,dog,gun, and half the time it parked in front of dads cop car....
Old 06-26-2009, 08:05 AM

KILLSWITCH.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 AM

quick release or locking steering wheel hub lol. thats what im getting.

just take your steering wheel
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick release, locking hub, alarm with 2 way pager, kill switched, motion sensors, pizo sirens under dash, Gun and dog for the yard!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yea i forgot to add Full coverage from insurance company and keep all reciepts!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 AM

1. For them not to be able to start the car then invest in 2 way signal alarm with combination start ,
2. for the not to be able to drive the car then sleep in your car , take the ecu out everynight ,
3.best bet is sleep in ur car
4. garage queen
5.dont get a honda at all
6 a rott wieler or pitbull in the back seat would be best ,starter kill, fuel kill switch is big help ,,,
7, take the clutch sensor out, most car can start with pop the clutch start, but if no clutch sensor , clutch would be just useless , if they hot wire the car lol , that why ur best bet is take the steering wheel or ecu out ...if they bring there own ecu and there own steering wheel lol..that why combination switch to start is best ...and again if they can get the combination switch to start the car then no clutch sensor to change the gears= going no where,
8 if they take ur car with a flat bed or tow it..then u must be a heavy sleeper mother****er for not hearing the loud *** flatbed truck ROAR when it towing your car up to the flat bed

Last edited by ekmushi_mushi; 06-26-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sleep in it with your shotgun! That is about the only full-proof way to protect your car.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont drive a honda...

its the only way your honda wont get stolen
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm not Rick!

Originally Posted by siregcivic
dont drive a honda...

its the only way your honda wont get stolen
absolute truth...get a sk8board
Old 06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty good ideas in here
Old 06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get an alarm, put the light out of plain sight, make it so the thief has to walk up to your car everytime she/he passes. Sooner or later, she/he will stop coming altogether. Hopfully.

Try to park at the bottom of a hill, so it's harder to push start it. Although smarter thieves will just jump the starter.

Clubs and clutch lock will work the first couple of times, but if the thief gets prepared for your car, he'll come back with a saw or bolt cutters.

Ecu trick works, but when your car gets broken into the first time and they find out, they'll be back with an ecu.

Injector plug, unplugging this will work for a little, but again, when they find out, they'll come back prepared.

Do something that will make your car not run, but is hard to figure out. For example, take off the grounds or other things. Get creative, that's the best thief deterrent.

I have had my car stolen before. Freshly built untuned boosted d16z6. Had Fuel pump kill switch, open headers, two way pager alarm(hornet), and parked in an apartment like parking lot, next to my house. Car was stripped, no turbo, ecu, dizzy, interior, front end, nothing. The best security is insurance. Get that and technically, you won't lose anything.

Oh yeah, look for signs that your car has been broken into, if they went inside your car and didn't do anything. Chances are that they are going to come back prepared, so get more surprises ready for them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: With So many Honda theives out there, how to protect a civic now-a-days?