Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

so i'm NOT going to sell out...

Old 10-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default so i'm NOT going to sell out...

ok, if you've read some of my previous posts, i was planning on selling the ole' rattlecan hatch and buying a 98ish Acura CL.....after COUNTLESS math configuration and financial matters, i've come to the conclusion that the hatchback has all corners covered... (insurance wise, final cost wise, and end-result wise)

my quest is to make the hatchback CONFORTABLE....in other words, i wanna be able to go out for a night on the town with a ladyfriend and NOT have to worry about talking over my exhaust/rattles....

SOLUTION:

1. Ordered a SPAL power window kit....it will be installed and wired to INTEGRA door panels (i am currently using an integra dashboard/console)

2. Removing my shittily-fabbed CIVIC door panels, adding dyna-mat, and replacing with a slightly modified INTEGRA door panel (don't worry, i've done my homework)

3. Converting the locks to power locks using pre-existant actuators from an EX civic, and it's wiring

4. Ripping out the carpet/dash, sealing ALL water leaks from the windshield underneath the dash, having HYBRIDHATCH professionally clean my carpet

5. Reinstalling the carpet, tearing off all the old/mildewed JOOP sound deadener and replacing with new

6. going with black leather GSR seats and reupholstering my rear seats with black leather/synth. leather

7. making a "floor-board" for my "trunk" so that it's not all bare and with a visible spare

8. Pulling out rear panels and adding silicone to all metal-to-platic contacts

9. Removing current N1 exhaust and going with a 2.25" piping WITH a cat/resonator, and a stock ITR muffler

essetially, it will have a full integra interior, very little road noise, power options that i want, full a/c-heater, and a quiet, smooth idling/accelerating engine.....

any suggestions??

and yes, i know 99% of the replies will be "too much trouble, just buy another car" , but this is a project i'm 100% willing to embark on, an i will keep you guys updated with the progress and pics of process...

PS: after adding the cost of materials, this project should come out to no more than $500

thanks for reading,

-spoonfedhatch
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: so i'm NOT going to sell out... (SpoonFedHatch)

i definently see where your comming from, to take a girl out for a ride or pick her up for a movie and you can barely hear your self thinking let alone her talking. i would prefer to have two car since im a perf, nut but want a cruising car.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i know exactly what you mean, but my car isn't loud. but damn i need ac, i can't take a chick out in my car when when its hot as ****. and the power window issue, i want to do what you're doing with the rattling cause mine barely rattles and its annoying still, you'll have to make a write up about it goodluck with your project
Old 10-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (frosteg6)

yes, i will make pic-intensive write ups on...

HOW TO INSTALL SPAL POWER WINDOW KIT AND WIRE IT UP

HOW TO FABRICATE INTEGRA DOOR PANELS TO TO COMPLIMENT AN INTEGRA DASH IN A 92-95 CIVIC

HOW TO SOUND-DEADEN YOUR INTERIOR