Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!!

I pretty much am having them perform my rebuild, they seem to be a reputable name and stuff... (here is the backstory)

I am driving my na honda civic one day home from work, and I start ****** with this camry (he started it) so I work him, get off the fwy first. and notice this nice knocking sound from my engine and a fap fap fap fap noise... I look outside the car and notice my ****** tire has a hole the size of a vagina in it... and my engine is holding a drumming concert!!! TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK!!!

so i drive it, the engine locks up and car dies on me... I had just put oil in this bitch two days ago... why is my dipstick dryer than hooker muff!!! so I tow the car home from the gas station it died at, change the oil to see if it still made the tick tick noise... crank it... boom tick tick tick tick tick tick... so im like fucked and stuff.

I seek rebuilding info from people, inline four, friend of mine charlston works at this place called alaniz (i have never heard this name before) but charlston knows his ****... so i opt something out with charles and I yank the engine and bring it to his shop...

Joe Alaniz shop tech gave me the ins and outs of what to expect *it felt like leaving my firstborn in the er* hes like before we even start working on anything or charge you, im going to tear it down and see what the damage is. After we figure that all out... we will let you know what parts we need and we will go from there... THATS IF the block is salvagable, you said you had some pretty intense rod knock. So I can tell you now expect to buy a new crank, and rod... thats if its minimal damage, if its worse than that... well lets not even go there....
*STOMACH STARTS TO TURN*

7:30pm 2/26
So like charlston ong (civic ferio) gives me a call today and delivers some disheartening news... piston number one *GONE* the bearing *DISENTEGRATED* the crank *OWNED*

and that is where were at right now... if anyone knows where I can get a used b16a crank in good condition ill name my first born after you!!!

and no dont tell me I should of swapped my engine to a b18 and all of that other ****, my si came with this engine and its going to die with this engine as long as its mine... (well the **** did die)

If you would all light a candle for sally I would appreciate it... hehe

and no im not putting up how much alaniz is charing!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!! (137)

Most of the time, when a piston explodes such as this, the head is damaged pretty bad. I'd look into that, make sure you're not going to purchase a whole new long block.

If I were you, I'd look around for a new b16 long block. Do the swap yourself. Most likely, it will be cheaper in the long run and you'll have less down time.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!! (fowler)

the head is fine, the rest of the cylinders are fine, the block is good to go, no problems with the walls... cyl one is fine...

engine is not running... not fine by me.. plus they are doing a little extra to the motor its not just your simple polish everything and slap it back together rebuild
Old 02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!! (137)

dude i love your anyaligies.......
Old 02-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I just got a call from Charlston at Alaniz Technologies!!! (TurboB16aEG)

*bows and cries* while honda says "COME TAKE IT!!! COME TAKE IT!!! UUUUUUUGHH!!!"