Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one??

Hey guys, this may be in the wrong forum, you can move it if it is, sorry. Anyways, I'm installing a new cam, valvesprings, and retainers on Fri. I hear that snap on tools are the way to go if you can get them, and I was wondering if anyone could get them or had a valve spring compressor that I could borrow by friday. I could pay shipping both ways if someone can lend me the tool. Or if anyone has a discount or such, please PM me. I hear that craftsmen makes a valve spring compressor, but it isn't near as good. Any help appreciated guys, thanks!
Old 10-12-2003, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (BMac86)

bump for help!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's $118 and you will have it for the rest of your life.

Buy it, you know that you want it.

If you know anyone that goes to a technical college in an automotive program, rumor has it they get 50% off.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Plan B)

snap on is the best of the best it is def. worth the investment....when i bought all my tools i wish i would of had the money to buy snap-on instead of craftsman but oh well
Old 10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (95excoupeMT)

I borrow one from the Honda dealership. Make buddies with a mechanic and they'll let you borrow it
Old 10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Emerika)

I had a lot of my snap on tools stolen and no one borrows them anymore because they are so much money just go to sears and buy some craftsman stuff not as good of a quality but you break it they take it back great deal IMO and you don't have to hunt down sears like you have to hunt down the snap on man because i don't work at a shop anymore. But going back soon thank god i want to owe the snap on man money agian instead of paying for everything in cash i am now.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Usually Snap-on's tools are more expensiove than craftsmans because of the greater qaulity build and the special type of metal that makes their hand tools lighter. Craftsman and Snap-on do have the same lifetime warranty I think, where if you break any hand tool then you can return it and get a new one for free. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a snap-retailer unless you kick it at a shop, Snap-on's trucks usually roll by them. But for craftsman all you gotta do is go down to sears and have it exchanged which is pretty convient i think.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Spartanic)

Wow I got it made then A snap-on truck driver lives 2 doors down from my house
Old 10-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Spartanic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spartanic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Usually Snap-on's tools are more expensiove than craftsmans because of the greater qaulity build and the special type of metal that makes their hand tools lighter. Craftsman and Snap-on do have the same lifetime warranty I think, where if you break any hand tool then you can return it and get a new one for free. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a snap-retailer unless you kick it at a shop, Snap-on's trucks usually roll by them. But for craftsman all you gotta do is go down to sears and have it exchanged which is pretty convient i think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong, if you break a craftsmen, they GIVE you a new tool. You break a snap on, they give you the damn small *** parts to fix it(screw driver handle9 rachet gears etc..)

do craftsmen, so they dont come to your work, woopdie ****** doo.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Peagreenhatch)

sears lifetime warranty
Old 10-12-2003, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Snap on tools...can you get them or let me borrow one?? (Frosty18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frosty18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow I got it made then A snap-on truck driver lives 2 doors down from my house </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah...my sister works for the coporate offices of Snap-On USA
even with her discount the tools are still pretty expensive (but i do enjoy the free T-Shirts & Coffee mugs though ), if you have the cash buy the Snap-On, if you don't have alot of money to spend just buy some Craftsman.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Peagreenhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wrong, if you break a craftsmen, they GIVE you a new tool. You break a snap on, they give you the damn small *** parts to fix it(screw driver handle9 rachet gears etc..)

do craftsmen, so they dont come to your work, woopdie ****** doo

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are wrong and right on this one. if you break a craftsman they will not give you a new tool...they give you a remanufactured one.

i broke my 1/2 wrench the first time i used it, went to sears and they gave me a old remanufactured one
Old 10-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

snap-on makes a great valve adjustment tool, it's like $40. you have to get that specific tool or get real creative. but i normally just buy craftsman stuff.