Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Slid into kerb yo, help me out

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slid into kerb yo, help me out

Okay so i need some help here, two days ago was first snow/first ice on the roads. I hit some black ice and curbed my left rear wheel.I'm driving a 94' civic ex w/ abs. I dented my steel wheel but i got that fixed. Now my problem is that i have slight positive camber on my wheel. It's very slight and i haven't noticed a difference in driving, but then again i just put on studded tires after the accident. What do you think I screwed up? The camber issue is very very minor, and you wouldn't notice unless you looked hard, but I'm sure that it would definitely wear down my tire over time. So what do you guys think?

Thanks

okay i got some pictures to show ya'll

[img=http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9023/104df4.th.jpg][img=http://img399.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]

Modified by Tartar101 at 2:15 PM 10/12/2008
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Slid into kerb yo, help me out (Tartar101)

Get it aligned "yo"
Old 10-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Slid into kerb yo, help me out (punkinbeck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by punkinbeck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get it aligned "yo"</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks yo, but from the pictures is there anything apparently wrong?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:22 PM

i'd look first at all the unibody mounts for the suspension see if they're bent or torn from the unibody. then start checking all your suspension components i bet you'll find something bent.

also check your camber mount make sure it didnt pull on the unibody it might have stretched that part which could be why you have positive camber. accidents dont usually knock things out of alighnment they usually break/bend things to where it needs serious fixin.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM

does the control arm look unusual? After closer inspection it looks like where the control arm is bolted in is kind of off. I'm not sure if the control arm itself is bent though.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:00 PM

Default Re: (sr20hardbody)

comparison between my control arm and a good one

good one

mine

so it looks like where it's bolted is where mine is kind of crooked. I have abs btw
Old 10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Slid into kerb yo, help me out (Tartar101)

Id say your lower control arm is bent or the mounting points have moved. You can take some measurements and compare them to the other side to see where the problem is.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your lower control is bent. Everything else looks good. No telling though what all was shifted. good luck.

Also a bent lower control arm like that would cause postive camber.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (95vxtealhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95vxtealhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your lower control is bent. Everything else looks good. No telling though what all was shifted. good luck.

Also a bent lower control arm like that would cause postive camber.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I don't see that and so did another guy ^. That's why this kind of e-diagnosis is bound to equal FAIL. Your second pic is very blurry and everyone may have a different opinion.

The chassis LCA mounts are weak as **** and I have seen them twist to hell when the car has been curb'd, not to mention other stuff. The LCA itself is actually pretty strong.

I would question the inner mount. Bring it to a body shop. /.02
Old 10-12-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Re: (mcvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah I don't see that and so did another guy ^. That's why this kind of e-diagnosis is bound to equal FAIL. Your second pic is very blurry and everyone may have a different opinion.

The chassis LCA mounts are weak as **** and I have seen them twist to hell when the car has been curb'd, not to mention other stuff. The LCA itself is actually pretty strong.

I would question the inner mount. Bring it to a body shop. /.02</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm guessing the inner mount is what i have pictured where the control arm connects to the center of the car? Upon closer inspection the lca doesn't look bent, but where it is connected it looks uneven. Do you think it's possible an alignment could fix it? The reason i'm not going to a bodyshop yet is because i want as much advice as possible before i go so they don't try to rip me off. I'm pretty effing poor and if possible i'm gonna try to fix it myself and than go get it aligned at some shop.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 PM

Default Re: (Tartar101)

just fix it! seriously i backed into a curb before full force and bent the mounting point. now the problem is those lca bolts dont like to come out they're usually seized to the bushings pin so you might have to cut them out. buy some aftermarket "bling" lca's and hit the mounting point with a sledge and use a crescent wrench to bend it back make sure you prime/paint the spots you hit or they'll rust out!

once you're under there and everythings apart you'll see the difference between the 2 mounts just copy the unhit mount just make sure you keep the bolt holes alighned!!!! so you might wanna stick a bolt through the holes before you begin my friend did something of the sort without using a bolt on his rex and bent one part higher then the other which the bolt would no lnger line up so he drilled the hole bigger to line up! now he has tire wear issues