Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

is slammed the look nowadays? eg couple (ej1) <-hope that's right lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is slammed the look nowadays? eg couple (ej1) <-hope that's right lol

I would've posted this in the exterior forums, but my trial account won't allow me to do much....so my question is, i'm looking around on all the pictures of the coupes which by the way i'm seeing it are called ej1s?

anyways, I see alot of people are slamming their car to the ground....mine is like that now, but I don't see how that could do well in terms of function/handling ect...

would it be a sin to raise my car a half inch and have the camber straight up and down vs at an angle and basically tucking both front and rear like it is now??

I'm technically a little older then the standard 18-21 year old so I don't want to be portrayed that way and i'd prefer to have a better handling/functioning car then just something that bumps around looking low going down the street..

all opinions welcomed
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is slammed the look nowadays? eg couple (ej1) <-hope that's right lol

set YOUR car up how YOU like it, not how others like it.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: is slammed the look nowadays? eg couple (ej1) <-hope that's right lol

its your car, do what you like it to do/look like. Don't be a follower.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, up to you...

however, i like low, but i like ride quality over ride height...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For someone "technically a little older then the standard 18-21 year old" you sure seem to care a lot about what other people think. Set up your car how you like. I could care less what people think about my car.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15s with 50 profile tires and barely tucking a bit of rubber is where you probably want to be at, a bit of both worlds, a nice low stance but not so low where your functionality goes right out the window.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My car has a 1 finger gap all around, I may go lower in front in the summer time though.

People that slam their cars care noithing about function. All they want is people to look at them.

Do what makes you happy, if you don't like your car slammed, than raise it. Want it low, then slam it. But don't expect crap handleing wise.

Speaking of camber, it is not bad.
Haveing a bit of camber is actually good.

I run -2° all around, and I would like to add more in front.

Please don't belive what these idots tell you about camber killing tires. It DOES NOT.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its toe that kills a tire when lowering, pretty sure -4 degrees of camber would be fine if you really wanted to have that much. Here's a pic of me and friends EJ1's: Mine is decently functional, 14" rims with a 60(or so) profile tire buddies is slammed with 0 offset rims.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, toe is the true killer of tires. I would say - 4° is getting close to pushing.

I was getting darn near perfect wear after a year with -3.5°. You are quite likely to start seeing wear with that much, I did.

I rember my friends coupe was -4.8° and he was wearing, of corse part of his tire wasn't even on the ground.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want people to notice your car for being different, leave it totally stock. When is the last time you spotted a totally stock EG style civic with a younger driver in it? I get more looks for being 20 driving a stock height decent looking hatchback on factory steelies with no modifications what so ever haha. People think I must be a nerd or something.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

or people think u got a stock *** hatch lol . OP i would slam ur car on the ground form over func. jus my my 0.2 cent lol
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just noticed I labeled my title couple not coupe lol..

anyways, I don't necessarily care what others thing to that degree, but I like to stay within the times...haven't been around the Honda scene in a good 4-5 years and things change all the time..figured id' ask..

as for Camber I used to have my other vehicle set around -0.5 so i'll go for -2.0 this time around and keep the height right at the top of the tire...right now I'm almost positive it's more then that.

I appreciate the responses, and the two red couples look nice btw...especially digging the one on the left.

as for being stock i'd prefer not to lol...I bought the Honda simply because I love the way they respond to mods, feel ect..
Old 02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by ElliotSiR
When is the last time you spotted a totally stock EG style civic with a younger driver in it?
Almost every day.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Almost every day.
me too

everytime I see a totally stock Honda I wonder why hasn't anything been to it all lol

I'm all about a tasteful clean ride...nothing crazy but something
Old 02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeaaa ^^ lol its not cool to be stock !! haha
Old 02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"I bought the Honda simply because I love the way they respond to mods, feel ect"

^ lol to bad every VW guy doesnt think like u man jeeez im been trying to convert my brother for years he is stuck on them VWs lol
Old 02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Almost every day.
I'm jealous, it's not like that here in the Bay Area of CA. I had to search for almost 6 months to find a stock Civic for a real price (seems like everyone in CA thinks their cars are worth at least twice the blue book value...)
Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
The Grumpiest

There are 2 right up the block. The owners get pestered about selling them at least once a week. A lot of kids ride around slammed into the weeds lowrider style with stock blown shocks bouncing all over the place with 13 & 14 inch wheels. A lot of the roads around here are crap so I don't understand the reasoning. I get to laugh at them when they have to go over speed bumps .5 mile an hour sideways. Let's not talk about railroad crossings.

If I wanted to ride around in a lowrider I'd get a mini-truck or an Impala.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ElliotSiR
When is the last time you spotted a totally stock EG style civic with a younger driver in it?
Stock 94 coupe with 67k on it.

I actually just removed the tint - even stocker.

Then again I am gettin kinda old. 25 tomorrow
Old 02-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

around here east coast there is just rusted out bustd no rusted threw mufflerd jankyy civics lol well 92-95 wise
Old 02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pwebb0207
Stock 94 coupe with 67k on it.

I actually just removed the tint - even stocker.

Then again I am gettin kinda old. 25 tomorrow
Dang, that's a good find.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WOW !
"I bought the Honda simply because I love the way they respond to mods, feel ect"

^ lol to bad every VW guy doesnt think like u man jeeez im been trying to convert my brother for years he is stuck on them VWs lol
Haha I had two vdubs in the past and loved em but the Honda of the same year just feels better. Lacks a lil torque but makes up for it so much in hp

I feel like the slammed look an deep dish has the dub feel though. It all looks good but I'm still partial to a functioning ride
Old 02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Trial User

i like ride quality and my oil pan and my tires to last more than 1 season... but if u prefer the look well...
Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found a happy medium with my car. It has been corner balanced and the front tires are tucked slightly (maybe 1/2") and the rears sit just too. Rides nice, only time I rub is on BIG speedbumps. When I drive home from work there is a big dip in the highway and I ht it at 65 and dont rub or hit.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by abs0Lut
Its toe that kills a tire when lowering, pretty sure -4 degrees of camber would be fine if you really wanted to have that much. Here's a pic of me and friends EJ1's: Mine is decently functional, 14" rims with a 60(or so) profile tire buddies is slammed with 0 offset rims.

so so so sexy...

Quick Reply: is slammed the look nowadays? eg couple (ej1) <-hope that's right lol