Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question

I recently bought my Skunk2 Short Shifter and it comes with new hardware. I am confused because I don't know where to put the spacers and washers. Sucks that there isn't any instructions but here is a pic of the hardware.

Where do I put the spacers and washers? Is there a specific side of the shifter to put them or what? Where do I put the biggest spacer, it doesn't go in the shifter hole. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (adoboy0)

ok the large spacer goes inbetween the 2 bearings in the shifter and the 2 smaller ones go on the out side of the bearings but inbetween the shift linkage end. its gonna be kinda tricky to get it all to lign up while sliding the bolt in but youll get it.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (e jay one)

**I think**

the spacer is for the B-Series shifter linkage.

because they say it's for civics and integras, but they only make 1 shifter, and then you have to add spacers so it fits in the bigger B series shifter linkage.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:58 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A
Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (Daniel san)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel san &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**I think**

the spacer is for the B-Series shifter linkage.

because they say it's for civics and integras, but they only make 1 shifter, and then you have to add spacers so it fits in the bigger B series shifter linkage.</TD></TR></TABLE>Thanks for your thoughts but this is not the case. The spacer, as mentioned, goes between the bearings on the shifter. The washers go outside the bearings between the linkage, again as mentioned. BTW all DC2 teg and EG civic parts are a match. You could use a stock EG shifter for a b swap.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (HondaFanatic708)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for your thoughts but this is not the case. The spacer, as mentioned, goes between the bearings on the shifter. The washers go outside the bearings between the linkage, again as mentioned. BTW all DC2 teg and EG civic parts are a match. You could use a stock EG shifter for a b swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So what side do I put the spacer? Do I put it on the driver side of the shifter or what?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 PM

read the second post very carefully if you cant figure it out have some one else put it on for you. your gonna use all 3 spacers. say your looking at your pic it will go bolt-shift linkage end-small spacer-bearing-large spacer-bearing-small spacer-other side of shift linkage-nut.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">read the second post very carefully if you cant figure it out have some one else put it on for you. your gonna use all 3 spacers. say your looking at your pic it will go bolt-shift linkage end-small spacer-bearing-large spacer-bearing-small spacer-other side of shift linkage-nut. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually man, I've been searching and I found out that you are actually wrong. Like I said the large spacer doesn't fit in the bearing. From reading it goes on the passenger side of the shifter when it's connected. It fills in a gap and makes up the width when the shifter is connected. I think it applies to EKs and Integras though, I could be wrong. But thanks for the help, appreciate it.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-04-2005, 02:00 PM

ok well i have the same shifter in my car and thats how mine is. is there allready a spacer between the bearings? there should be. but its your car hook it up how you want.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:53 PM

That's all the hardware that came with it. There is already a bearing in the shifter hole and looks to be spacers in it already. Here is a picture of it.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:27 PM

Yea thats how my duel bend came i just put the washer and the bolt on i didnt know what to do with the other 3 picces that look like washer
Old 07-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (A-busive)

Someone should post a pic of what the SKUNK2 shifter install setup look like instead of some damn b&m
Old 07-04-2005, 04:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adoboy0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually man, I've been searching and I found out that you are actually wrong. Like I said the large spacer doesn't fit in the bearing. From reading it goes on the passenger side of the shifter when it's connected. It fills in a gap and makes up the width when the shifter is connected. I think it applies to EKs and Integras though, I could be wrong. But thanks for the help, appreciate it. </TD></TR></TABLE>OK, here is the deal. I was just under my car today so i just saw this assembled. I have a B16A swap and a skunk 2 short shifter in my EJ. When I did the swap I bought new INTEGRA linkages. The big spacer is between the bearings like said by e jay one and it seems he has the same **** as well. If they make a linkage that wide I would think it would hit the under carriage.. Never fucked with EK's though but plenty of tegs. Do what you want though, **** it...
Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (A-busive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by A-busive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea thats how my duel bend came i just put the washer and the bolt on i didnt know what to do with the other 3 picces that look like washer</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does the shifter move around alot in gear? Also, what car?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by A-busive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Someone should post a pic of what the SKUNK2 shifter install setup look like instead of some damn b&m</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, I second that
Old 07-04-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 Short Shifter Hardware Question (HondaFanatic708)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, here is the deal. I was just under my car today so i just saw this assembled. I have a B16A swap and a skunk 2 short shifter in my EJ. When I did the swap I bought new INTEGRA linkages. The big spacer is between the bearings like said by e jay one and it seems he has the same **** as well. If they make a linkage that wide I would think it would hit the under carriage.. Never fucked with EK's though but plenty of tegs. Do what you want though, **** it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm not sure about the EK and Integra linkages being the same or not. I looked at this link: http://importnut.net/shifter.htm

If you scroll down you'll see how many o-rings for a b&m are required in a EG linkage and a Integra/EK linkage. It shows that more o-rings are required for an EK. I've read somewhere that the big spacer does what those o-rings do, it just makes up the width of the shifter.

I wish Skunk2 would include some instructions...
Old 07-04-2005, 06:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adoboy0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I'm not sure about the EK and Integra linkages being the same or not. I looked at this link: http://importnut.net/shifter.htm

If you scroll down you'll see how many o-rings for a b&m are required in a EG linkage and a Integra/EK linkage. It shows that more o-rings are required for an EK. I've read somewhere that the big spacer does what those o-rings do, it just makes up the width of the shifter.

I wish Skunk2 would include some instructions... </TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah but that thrid larger spacer is way too big to act as some sort of shim. If the shifter doesn't fit snugly with the two washers on the outside of the bearings then just hit up a hardware store and buy another washer or two. I highly doubt there is that much of a gap..
Old 07-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look at the stock shifter and see which side of the shifter is larger then the other.

and you put the shim/bushing on the side of the skunk2 shifter to compensate for the space on the side where the stock shifter was larger.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 AM

Yea kinda only when i come to a complete stop and i have a 95 civic ej