Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk2 notchiness?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 notchiness?

Hey, I was searching for a ss, and I came to the conclusion that the skunk2 is the best, but I was wondering if it was notchy? I had a fairly notchy ss on my MX-6 and loved the feel, so I want to get something simliar to that, thanks.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Skunk2 notchiness? (EKautox)

It's a good thing that you're a noob, otherwise you would probably get torn a new ******* for this thread. Search next time.
Warning aside, you've got to give us some more info, not everyone is going to go take the time to go through your personal info to find out what car you have. Year, model, that kind of thing. Once you've helped us, we can then help you.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:15 PM

sorry I didn't make that very clear, I searched for about 45 minutes, but I could only find out that people thought skunk2 was the best, I couldn't figure out what the feel of the skunk2 was other than "good". I have a 97 dx sedan. thanks, and sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The shifter wont contribute to notichiness. Its the transmission that is notchy. And if your thinking your stock shifter isnt notchy then its because your stock shifter sucks and has crappy bushing and is probably sloppy and feels like an oar.

To resolve the notchiness try a better tranny fluid and shifter bushings.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:23 PM

i got mine in with the energy suspension bushings for the shifter ( 3 piece ) and like...a WHOLE nother world of feel. its not really notchy if its, then you can loosen the bolt that holds the shifter to the linkage....something like that. it WAS notchy, loosened the bolt, still lil nothcy, but nothing a lil usage didnt fix!!! i love the feel, its like i have a new tranny. but yea, pretty dang good if ya asked me
Old 07-20-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 notchiness? (CharcoalEGG)

Are you sure, cuz on my 6, I put the ss in and replaced it w/ the stock bushings (the aftermarket hadn't arrived yet and I had to go to work) and it was definitely more notchy. Maybe I'm confused, does a new shifter make the tranny's shifter more noticeable.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you sure, cuz on my 6, I put the ss in and replaced it w/ the stock bushings (the aftermarket hadn't arrived yet and I had to go to work) and it was definitely more notchy. Maybe I'm confused, does a new shifter make the tranny's shifter more noticeable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

put the bushings in, cuz that makes a diff.....well to me it did. and yes its pretty smooth now that i've driven with it quite a few miles now.

new shifter makes the tranny shifter more noticeable?? do you mean the new shifter makes the tranny shifts better?? or did you mean something else?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Skunk2 notchiness? (CharcoalEGG)

sorry, I was tired, I meant "does a new shifter make the tranny's NOTCHINESS more noticeable"(in regards to what MuckMan said about the shifter not contributing to notchiness).
Old 07-21-2004, 04:40 PM

not really, well not for me anyways, also if it dOES feel a little bit notchy, then try loosening the bolt on the shifter connecting it to the linkage, that might help reduce the notchy feeling of the shifts. but yea, it shouldnt contribute to the notchy feeling...its just a shifter SHIFTING the gears, and nothing more.