Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk2 Lowering Springs Question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
SH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 Lowering Springs Question?

Hello everyone I just have one question to ask and I think it might be a simple one to answer.

1.) I installed skunk 2 suspension on my EJ and the rear seemed to be loose not tight when I installed the top had and screwed it on to the shock. Now when I ride I hear some noise in the back at times when I go over bumps. Is there any way to eliminate this or will I just have to install washers on the shock to accommodate this problem?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Lowering Springs Question?

are they lowering springs or coilovers?
what does the noise sound like?

it could be the shocks are shot and are making noise, mine do it as well as my freinds dc.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 PM
SH

Originally Posted by 98civdx
are they lowering springs or coilovers?
what does the noise sound like?

it could be the shocks are shot and are making noise, mine do it as well as my freinds dc.
As stated in the title there lowering springs and they make a clunk noise when I go over bumps. The shocks are good checked them before installation. Hmmmm what shocks are you running?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i relize it said lowering springs, but i have heard multiple people call coilovers, lowering springs.
im runing stocks with skunk2 coilovers.

did you assemble the shock right? i have only put one of these springs in one car, and this happend because my buddy forgot to put something on.
i would double check, everything, make sure all bolts are tightend, remember to jack the car up when torqueing them,and make sure the wheels are tight.

only thing i can think of is you forgot to put something on. but i may be wrong.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
SH

Originally Posted by 98civdx
i relize it said lowering springs, but i have heard multiple people call coilovers, lowering springs.
im runing stocks with skunk2 coilovers.

did you assemble the shock right? i have only put one of these springs in one car, and this happend because my buddy forgot to put something on.
i would double check, everything, make sure all bolts are tightend, remember to jack the car up when torqueing them,and make sure the wheels are tight.

only thing i can think of is you forgot to put something on. but i may be wrong.
Everything was assembled right and I am also running stock socks. I do believe that the spring itself might be short to accommodate to the shock with the top had and all the hardware. As the front are a little longer than the rear and fit nice and snug when the top hat is assembled.