Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD

good idea? yes or no?

I am also going with
SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD
AEM cam gears or SKUNK2 CAM GEARS
Skunk2 cam
AEM Fuel rail
GREDDY FUEL INJECTORS which should match up?
Eagle Rods
JE Pistons
Greddy Headers and greddy evo cat-back
Bored 1.9L
Vortech Supercharger Kit
Old 07-03-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (icantthinkofaname)

1-dont bore get sleves
2- dont get a Vortech get rev hard or Full-race turbo kits
3-HEADER
4- Other than that looks good
Old 07-03-2003, 04:40 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (cnydelSolHybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnydelSolHybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1-dont bore get sleves
2- dont get a Vortech get rev hard or Full-race turbo kits
3-HEADER
4- Other than that looks good </TD></TR></TABLE>

and go with the skunk 2 camgears.....not aem.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (CivicNA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicNA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and go with the skunk 2 camgears.....not aem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True. I've had both, get the Skunkys
Old 07-03-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (cnydelSolHybrid)

Thanks guys, input is great. Whats rev hard? I dont want to go turbo on it, i want to go with a nice supercharger kit and that kit says 277HP. If you kno other good S/C's let me kno
Old 07-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks guys, input is great. Whats rev hard? I dont want to go turbo on it, i want to go with a nice supercharger kit and that kit says 277HP. If you kno other good S/C's let me kno</TD></TR></TABLE>

Revhard makes a bolt on turbo kit
Old 07-03-2003, 04:56 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (rodrez)

yea i just seen that now . I want to stay away from turbo, just b/c the heat and strain on the engine is not a good thing. I understand that when i build it, it can hold up but i still dont want the strain on it. I am kinda lookin for a nice S/C kit, thats why i said vortech b/c jackson does not add that much HP
Old 07-03-2003, 05:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i just seen that now . I want to stay away from turbo, just b/c the heat and strain on the engine is not a good thing. I understand that when i build it, it can hold up but i still dont want the strain on it. I am kinda lookin for a nice S/C kit, thats why i said vortech b/c jackson does not add that much HP</TD></TR></TABLE>

The vortech is as far as i am concerned a turbo and if you are willing to go vortech and not jackson then go turbo. or i would at least go jackson over vortech. you have lag with the vortech. the jackson will make up for the lack of hp with not having lag...... But GO TURBO
Old 07-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're worried about stress on the engine from the turbo, you could build up ur block with stronger piston/piston rings, and arms, and iron-sleeve the cylinders, so it can handle the stress. if you're going to tear open the block to bore it up, you might as well add those stronger internals. so get the revhard turbo.
good luck.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good idea? yes or no?

I am also going with
SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD
AEM cam gears or SKUNK2 CAM GEARS
Skunk2 cam
AEM Fuel rail
GREDDY FUEL INJECTORS which should match up?
Eagle Rods
JE Pistons
Greddy Headers and greddy evo cat-back
Bored 1.9L
Vortech Supercharger Kit</TD></TR></TABLE>

idiot.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:22 PM

good idea, turbo bad idea, super charged
Old 07-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the vortech is belt driven just like the jackass racing supercharger, their is no lag. if your looking for a supercharger look at the procharger, it is the first intercolled supercharger, they make it for the 99-00 civic si and the acura integra gsr. I think power output is like 225 hp to the wheels and 160-170 ftlbs of torque at 9 psi and 91 octane with just the supercharge, nothing eles, and it is good on stock internals...... the good things about the supercharger is that it is self contained so no taping your oil pan (so you dont have to worry about oil starvation), it is carb legal, and it has a patented friction reducing drive (I think they call it a bering within a bering), and it is complete with fuel management and everything you need to get it to work right out of the box, go to http://www.procharger.com to check it out. it is one of the best kits you can get way better than vortech. And I know i used to want the vortech but once i saw this one and read the info about it i was sold right away. im saving for this supercharger kit as we speak.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:45 PM

Default Re: (civicsi1415)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicsi1415 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the vortech is belt driven just like the jackass racing supercharger, their is no lag. if your looking for a supercharger look at the procharger, it is the first intercolled supercharger, they make it for the 99-00 civic si and the acura integra gsr. I think power output is like 225 hp to the wheels and 160-170 ftlbs of torque at 9 psi and 91 octane with just the supercharge, nothing eles, and it is good on stock internals...... the good things about the supercharger is that it is self contained so no taping your oil pan (so you dont have to worry about oil starvation), it is carb legal, and it has a patented friction reducing drive (I think they call it a bering within a bering), and it is complete with fuel management and everything you need to get it to work right out of the box, go to http://www.procharger.com to check it out. it is one of the best kits you can get way better than vortech. And I know i used to want the vortech but once i saw this one and read the info about it i was sold right away. im saving for this supercharger kit as we speak. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the procharger sits too low for my liking. By looking at pictures i'm afraid of stuff hitting it as it's so low, like at the bottom of the fender if I recall. It's also not the first intercooled supercharger technically. It may be the first air to air intercooled but the vortech's aftercooler is basically an air to water intercooler system and the vortech came out before the procharger. centrifugal superchargers function pretty much like a turbo so there is some lag, while roots type sc (jrsc) there's hardly any lag but there's other issues with it (tip in detonation, heat issues).
Old 07-03-2003, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where have you seen pics of it at..... i was just wondering because that is one thing i havent seen, the procharger is the first front mount intercooled supercharger, if the vortech is ((aftercooled)). what is the diff between the vortech/procharger and the jackass racing superchargers they both belt driven, the only diff is the vortech is atached by a long rod
Old 07-03-2003, 10:21 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (mooseknuckle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mooseknuckle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

idiot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sir are an idiot for posting stupid remarks like that. Why don't you try to make a constructive critisicm. Atleast say why you think those choices are idiotic, and try an help him. Thank god there were no people like you when I needed help.

Anyways go with the skunk2 cam gears, and if you do want to bore it out, then you should really think about getting sleeves. Also, a supercharger will put about the same stress as a turbo. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:23 PM

here's some pictures of someone's procharger setup , also front mount intercoolers = air to air intercooling. I'd be afraid to drive over anything with a procharger, especially if you're dropped

Old 07-03-2003, 11:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicsi1415 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the vortech is belt driven just like the jackass racing supercharger, their is no lag. </TD></TR></TABLE>

There is lag!!!!!! and besides that the jackson is developed by a honda guy..... but go TURBO....
Old 07-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by icantthinkofaname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i just seen that now . I want to stay away from turbo, just b/c the heat and strain on the engine is not a good thing. I understand that when i build it, it can hold up but i still dont want the strain on it. I am kinda lookin for a nice S/C kit, thats why i said vortech b/c jackson does not add that much HP</TD></TR></TABLE>
dude
you have ALOT to learn.

stay away from any form of forced induction (supercharger, turbo, nitrous) untill you know what you are doing.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:14 PM

Default Re: (avex)

Thats procharger is a nice setup
Old 07-03-2003, 11:14 PM

Default Re: SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
stay away from any form of forced induction (supercharger, turbo, nitrous) untill you know what you are doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

best advice yet
Old 07-04-2003, 02:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (avex)

Holy **** that's low! I don't blame you for being worried about hitting something, that looks very vulnerable
Old 07-04-2003, 03:12 AM
ce
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

stay away from any form of forced induction (supercharger, turbo, nitrous) untill you know what you are doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said
Old 07-04-2003, 07:16 AM

I agree with Kamin...I was turboed for a year and a half, and I still don't think I know enough about the stuff to do it over again...

Best advice I can give, is to research everything to its fullest extent before you decide to do it...and I can't stress enough how important fuel management and control is, if you don't upgrade that stuff...don't even mess with it!!!