Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk2 Billet Shift Knob Question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question.

Hi, the search function isn't working right now and I wanted to know: In the Skunk2 Billet Shift ****, it came with a nut in the package... And I was wondering where is that nut suppose to go since the package came with no instructions =/. thanks.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (JHU EH2)

THe nut goes under the **** on your shift lever, with the flat part facing up. If i remember correctly anywya, that is how I did it when I installed my short shifter and **** from skunk2
Old 03-04-2005, 06:29 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (PhoebeusFenix)

Correct. You first install the nut on the shifter and thread the **** on until it is at the height and position you want it, then you tighten the nut against the bottom of the ****.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (Padawan)

thanks.... acts as a tightener kinda right? thanks for the help
Old 06-13-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (JHU EH2)

I know this has been archived for awhile but i don't wanna make a whole new post for such a little question. But, i just got the skunk2 ****. I was wondering if you HAVE to use the lock nut? Like if i don't use it will it strip the **** out? It sits to high on my shifter with the nut. My ricer (ractive) **** i had before felt lower and better because of this.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (Makdaddynuge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Makdaddynuge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know this has been archived for awhile but i don't wanna make a whole new post for such a little question. But, i just got the skunk2 ****. I was wondering if you HAVE to use the lock nut? Like if i don't use it will it strip the **** out? It sits to high on my shifter with the nut. My ricer (ractive) **** i had before felt lower and better because of this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think you HAVE to. But on my Skunk2 ****, if I didn't use the nut, the **** was facing the wrong way. So if yours is facing the right way I don't think you'll need it.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Skunk2 Billet Shift **** Question. (BS 22)

yeah it sits the wrong way when i don't use it, but damn its high with that nut. I don't know what to do. Might just return it and get a new ractive ****, haha.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM

has anyone maybe got a machine shop to drill into the shift **** more to make it lower or cut and thread down the shifter so the **** will sit lower with the lock nut?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (Makdaddynuge)

hahaha Get a short shifter and it wont be so tall
Old 06-13-2005, 12:56 PM

If u get the Skunk2 short shifter then the *** lines up fine with out the nut.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: (runnin9z)

if the **** is too high you can also use an actual "jam nut" which are about half the thickness of "normal" nuts; and for most of the people asking about short shifters; short is referring to the actual throw distance of the shifter not the length.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by runnin9z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If u get the Skunk2 short shifter then the *** lines up fine with out the nut.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine didnt. I had to use the nut to have the pattern facing the correct direction even with the skunk2 shifter.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (4door_demon)

On my 99 si I didn't use the nut and it faces the right way...
Old 06-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si Erik)

on my 00 si it doesn't line up w/o the nut, and it is a lil high...
Old 06-13-2005, 06:58 PM

yeah, everyone talked so good about this shift ****. I personally don't like it. Sits too high and i don't see a point in getting a short shifter. I have the 98+ spec jdm itr shifter which supposedly is alrady a "short shofter". And yes integrator43 is right, short shifter does not mean length of shifter.

Another thing, with this ****, since its so heavy, i feel every single notch in my tranny, sometimes it feels likes its about to grind. I put back on the ricer ractive **** today and it feels so much better and smoother, and its not heavy at all compared to the skunk2.

Modified by Makdaddynuge at 8:55 PM 6/13/2005
Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM

a short shifter shortens the throw of the shift.......that doesn't always mean that the shifter will actually be shorter in size....

it's not how big it is....... it's how you use it.

I have both the dual bend and the wieghted ****.....best shift I've ever had

oh and I used the nut.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Pioneer162)

^ werdd, I have the skunk2 dual bend plus the skunk2 billet shift **** plus energy suspension polyurethane bushings and it shifts like a dream Please don't chop off extra chunks off the shift ****... the added weight contributes to a more positive engagement or so skunk2 says but I def. like mine
Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BrokeAssPinoy)

i just have a no-name dual bend with the skunk ****... it works great for me... im also not using the nut with the shift **** cause it does sit a little too high and i dont really care that the numbers dont line up... i know where to shift
Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by runnin9z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If u get the Skunk2 short shifter then the *** lines up fine with out the nut.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine didnt. I had to use the nut to have the pattern facing the correct direction even with the skunk2 shifter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

same, the way it sits doesn't bother me...i'd rather have it sit a little higher than usual then have it all upside down.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:02 PM

So should i get a different shift **** now, since i like mine kinda lightweight? If so, what ***** are good and lightweight? Or should i just get the skunk2 short shifter and use my skunk2 **** with it? If do this, should i get new bushings and all?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you like lightweight go with a Mugen
Old 06-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Makdaddynuge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So should i get a different shift **** now, since i like mine kinda lightweight? If so, what ***** are good and lightweight? Or should i just get the skunk2 short shifter and use my skunk2 **** with it? If do this, should i get new bushings and all?</TD></TR></TABLE>

should you do what everyone else wants you to do?... no... should you do what you want to do?... yes... if you like a light **** get a light ****... no one cares... the purpose of the **** is for it to be comfortable to the driver not to look good and make everyone think you are cool because you have it... personally i like heavier *****... they just work for me better... so yeah do what you like and what works best for you... dont worry about what everyone else will think
Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Thanks for being a complete douche about it. I was just wondering if getting the skunk2 short shifter would get rid of my problem. Is the rumor true that aftermarket short shifters can screw up your synchros? And, I am not getting what other people want me to get. A forum is to get help and suggestions, thats what i am doing. And i asked a reasonable question about what i like. "What shiftknobs are good and lightweight?" And about me trying to be cool, my car is 3 different colors, my radio doesn't work, i am definitly not out to look cool. So, next time please try and be nice and helpful instead of trying to make YOURSELF look cool by flaming.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (neutron91)

surprised seeing a thread i made 3 months back on the first page.. i was like wtf!?!?!? but yeah... good information for my future reference as well, I would just go with a short shifter... but then again, can't expect everything to go your way... =/
Old 06-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Makdaddynuge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for being a complete douche about it. I was just wondering if getting the skunk2 short shifter would get rid of my problem. Is the rumor true that aftermarket short shifters can screw up your synchros? And, I am not getting what other people want me to get. A forum is to get help and suggestions, thats what i am doing. And i asked a reasonable question about what i like. "What shiftknobs are good and lightweight?" And about me trying to be cool, my car is 3 different colors, my radio doesn't work, i am definitly not out to look cool. So, next time please try and be nice and helpful instead of trying to make YOURSELF look cool by flaming.</TD></TR></TABLE>

get your panties out of a wad dude... you think that i was flaming you??... well i think it would be much worse if i was trying to flame you and i wouldnt have given a ... it just seemed like you were more concerned with what other people liked than what you wanted for yourself and i was trying to push you in the opposite direction

Quick Reply: Skunk2 Billet Shift Knob Question.