Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk2 alpha b series header

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 alpha b series header

Alright, i ordered my header last Friday and received it today via FedEx.
To start off it's been nothing but problems so far.
When i first received the package it was kinda beat up and had an additional piece of card board attached to it as if someone tried to patch it or something. But i didn't think to much of it and took it anyway.
Well, after i removed my factory header and exhaust i went to put on the new one and didn't have much of a problem. until i tried to put my skunk2 70mm megapower exhaust back on..
The alpha header is about 2 inches longer than my factory one which extends my exhaust an extra 2 inches. so in other words my exhaust no longer fits.
However, I do still have my stock cat on. I'm not sure if that's the whole problem but the site i ordered it from (procivic.com) said it eliminated the cat all together, which it doesn't. It also said it was supposed to come with a CEL eliminator. which it didn't.
This leads me to believe my package was missing parts.
Another thing, the header came with two completely random bolts that were of no use.. they didn't fit anywhere (they were either to short or to fat). And the gasket, was so fragile, when i tightened the cat to the header it started falling apart...
If anyone has any idea what the box is supposed to contain please let me know. Or if i'm just an idiot and im making some stupid mistake.
Thanks, i appreciate it. its been a long stressful day!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Skunk2 alpha b series header

Originally Posted by 99b16
Alright, i ordered my header last Friday and received it today via FedEx.
To start off it's been nothing but problems so far.
When i first received the package it was kinda beat up and had an additional piece of card board attached to it as if someone tried to patch it or something. But i didn't think to much of it and took it anyway.
Well, after i removed my factory header and exhaust i went to put on the new one and didn't have much of a problem. until i tried to put my skunk2 70mm megapower exhaust back on..
The alpha header is about 2 inches longer than my factory one which extends my exhaust an extra 2 inches. so in other words my exhaust no longer fits.
However, I do still have my stock cat on. I'm not sure if that's the whole problem but the site i ordered it from (procivic.com) said it eliminated the cat all together, which it doesn't. It also said it was supposed to come with a CEL eliminator. which it didn't.
This leads me to believe my package was missing parts.
Another thing, the header came with two completely random bolts that were of no use.. they didn't fit anywhere (they were either to short or to fat). And the gasket, was so fragile, when i tightened the cat to the header it started falling apart...
If anyone has any idea what the box is supposed to contain please let me know. Or if i'm just an idiot and im making some stupid mistake.
Thanks, i appreciate it. its been a long stressful day!

i would contact the seller ASAP not a forum
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trust me i tried. they're closed until 9am pacific time.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

damn well try tomorrow i hope you get it resolved gl
Old 10-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha thanks, i'll let ya know how things work out.