Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Skunk 2 Dual/Single Bend Short Shifters, Whats the difference ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk 2 Dual/Single Bend Short Shifters, Whats the difference ?

Just as it says in the subject Whats the difference between the kit having dual or single bends ? does it increase the lever height ?

Also, if anyone has this installed (I'm planning on putting mine in an 99 Si) I'd be interested to hear about it, was it easy to install, does it catch on anything ? and how much does it reduce the shift throw ?

Also I hear the C's kit is very good however I can't find a stockist for it (US) at the moment. I shall keep trying ...

Thanks folks.

- Prob
Old 01-11-2004, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Skunk 2 Dual/Single Bend Short Shifters, Whats the difference ? (Problemo)

Get the dual bend...the both the same with the exception that the dual bend places the shifter a little further back feels better in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Skunk 2 Dual/Single Bend Short Shifters, Whats the difference ? (blazinb16)

search
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=628482
there's 2 links in that one, 2 links in one of those links
dual bend gets my vote - should be picking one up shortly.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Skunk 2 Dual/Single Bend Short Shifters, Whats the difference ? (Problemo)

Even though my car's different (93 Del Sol Si), I did so happen to buy the Skunk2 double bend short-throw shifter, and even the Skunk2 shift ****, along with some Energy Suspension shifter stabilizer bushings. Installed all of it, but after about a month I switched the shifter back to stock. Now don't get me wrong. The Skunk2 shifter is awesome (won't break like cheap E-bay crap), looks nice (as does the shift ****), and felt good. The shifts were a bit more positive and it got rid of that irritating notchy feel out of the shifting.

The bad thing(s)? Well, being that almost all of my interior is black, I did not like having this one big gray thing poking up. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Also, it sat a little taller than the stock shifter. (Remember though, this is a Del Sol). But I later came to find out that the Del Sol stock shifter was already pretty much a short-throw shifter in the first place, plus the stock shifter made a bend midway up towards the driver, which made directing the shift stick feel more natural and less awkward, compared to the upwards direction of the Skunk2 shifter, which made shifting sometimes feel like you're using an oversized joystick. I've done sold my shifter and ****, but I kept the bushings. Just figured I'd letcha know.