Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

since my other Cruise control post isnt getting answer....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default since my other Cruise control post isnt getting answer....

i just want to know WHERE (IF there is 1 at all) the vacuum canister is for the cruise control in a 92 civic (5th gen) i searched and got mixed answers if there was 1 at all or if it was all electronic..

please somebody give me a straight anwser.

oh ya and ive been to hondaautomotiveparts.com and brought up the CC unit there and it didnt show a vacuum canister for the 92-95 civics, but it did for the 96-00 civics.

i know somebody out there is running cruise on their EG.

also where is the fuse located for the CC unit??

Modified by CRXified at 12:30 PM 7/8/2006
Old 07-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: since my other Cruise control post isnt getting answer.... (CRXified)

BUMPER-POSTS
Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 AM
el diablo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: since my other Cruise control post isnt getting answer.... (CRXified)

Vacuum canister for the cruise control?

So is your cruise control currently not working? or are you just wondering if it has its own vacuum canister?

fuse location?

underdash:

enginebay:
Old 07-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a vacuum canister it is on the driverside.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well i have looked at the fuse diagrams on my car and those as well, do u see 1 that says Cruise Control?

as for the vacuum canister, can somebody please elaborate as to what it looks like or post a pic of 1? im pretty sure that there isnt 1 for the 5th gens.

and NO my cruise isnt working and im trying to figure out WHY its not working!! this is getting frustrating...
Old 07-08-2006, 08:50 AM
el diablo

Im 100% positive there is a vacuum canister below the intake manifold.

As for a seperate one for just cruise control, im highly doubting that as well.

Just pull any of the fuses that would have any relation to your problem, if you find a blown fuse then youve found youre problem.

My knowledge ends here as far as cruise control is concerned, as ive never had that luxury
Old 07-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your throttle body will have two throttle cables on it. Follow the one that doesn't go to your gas pedal.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha its all good thanks for your input tho. i found this pic of a 96+ cruise control unit which has the vacuum line right on the CC unit, but teh 92-95 units have nothing that look like that at all and no vac lines comming off it at all

http://img228.imageshack.us/my...x.jpg
Old 07-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (handofgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handofgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your throttle body will have two throttle cables on it. Follow the one that doesn't go to your gas pedal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no it doesnt, the other cable that goes to the pedal comes from the CC box in the engine bay. i have never seen a TB with 2 throttle cables on it before

i have a jdm b16 swap too, but thats shouldnt interfear with the Cruise would it?

Modified by CRXified at 2:48 PM 7/8/2006
Old 07-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry. I would have looked under my hood to double check, but it's in the shop for paint. I'm still thinking that's what was there on mine, so now that's the second thing i'll look at when I get it back.

I'll check the paint first, of course.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:21 AM
el diablo

Default Re: (CRXified)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXified &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a jdm b16 swap too, but thats shouldnt interfear with the Cruise would it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no it shouldnt.

I did some research and like you said there are no vacuum lines running to your cruise control, only the 96+ have that.

Also, clock springs are a common cause for cruise control failure.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just went and looked at mine, the main throttle cable comes off the tb and goes to the pedal, then there is a second one that goes to the box on the drvers side, there is no vaccuum lines going to this box. I believe its all electronic.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Blah, my 95 EX has CC, but it's still at the bodyshop Sorry...but when I looked at that pic I can tell u right now that I've never seen nething like that in my engine (w/ the hoses 'n ****) - so I'll have to agree that it's probably all electronic :-\
Old 07-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet well i got that straightened away, now i just need to figure out y its not working. when i hit the cruise button, it doesnt light up on the button (that could just be a bad light in the button tho) but also the light in the cluster doesnt light up either.

well im 1 step closer to getting it working neways. i would like this to work cause i have a jdm b16 with b16 tranny and i always end up killing gas milage cause i tend to go like 120km/h on the highway and with cruise i could avoid that. + if its there y not use it right?

now to try to find the fuse...
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Built to Spill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built to Spill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, clock springs are a common cause for cruise control failure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where are the clock springs? by teh pedal assembly? looks like ill be tearing out my seat today and lying on my back for a while
Old 07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

eg civics cruise was ran elctronicly or something ek where ran of off vacumm correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure your looking for something that dosent exsist
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRXified)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXified &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

where are the clock springs? by teh pedal assembly? looks like ill be tearing out my seat today and lying on my back for a while </TD></TR></TABLE>

they are behind the sterring wheel.not by the pedals. i ruined mine when i turned my steering wheel to much putting in my manual rack
Old 07-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok cool maybe ill be take the steering wheel off to see what i can see, what do these springs look like? are they visible just by removing the wheel?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your cruise control is entirely electrical.
Starting from your cruise control button and pedal assembly inside the car..

There is a cable that connects to your pedal assembly that run through the firewall, to the black box on the front left side of your engine bay. Inside that box, there is a mechanical lever/lock that is regulated by the electrical connection/system (in lamens terms) that box is plugged into.

Now from your cruise control button.. there is one wire coming from the switch, which connects to the airbag and horn plug (5 wired yellow plug) which then runs under your steering column, out the firwall, and all the way up to that black box im talking about.

Heres a pic if the box & plug in talking about:

Id check your fuses to see if everything is ok.. then take the cover off that black box, and see if everything looks copesetic there 1st before you get into the wiring and **** under your airbag.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im in canada and have a 92 so i dont have an airbag, they dont come here until 94 i belive. i think it might lie within the box itself tho, ill be checking that out when i get off work today. thanks tho. ill keep the thread updated and post some pix tonight/tomorrow when i get at tearing it apart
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM

i would try looking for a wiring diagram and start out by testing that switch sounds a lil fishy that neither lights are working (on the switch or dash)
Old 07-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to thread Jack but the Cruise on my 00 EM1 has stopped working too. visually everything seems good, no bad fuses either...No idea where to look next.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok this is soo weird. i went out to the car yesterday after reading miost of your posts on here and started checking the connections under the dash to the CC sending unit and i didnt think anything of it. of the way home from work, i was having some fun with a altima SE-R () and she turned off, then i remembered about the cruise and hit the button to try it just for the hell of it. low and behold the cluster light lit up and the cruise kicked right in!!! i couldnt belive it, it just must have been a loose connection in 1 of the connectors be the sending unit.
the button still doesnt light up, but thats probably just the light burnt out.

i guess all this talk about my cruise control woke it up and got it up and running, 1st time ive seen it working in this car since i got it last year lol
Old 07-09-2006, 01:53 PM

Location: riCk jAmes BitCh 415 fRisKo 2 cAstRo yAy aREa, CA, usa

just drive slower and you'll be crusing
Old 07-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If its a loose/bad connection.. go unplug the cc unit box under the hood, and look to see if theres corrosion or anything else that would cause a bad connection. If that looks fine, start following the wire from the plug back to the firewall and see if you have some frayed wiring or anything that would cause if to go to ground.

Quick Reply: since my other Cruise control post isnt getting answer....