Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Simple Integra Dash install Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Integra Dash install Question?

Where the dash plugs into the fuse panel, thier is 3 plugs. Grey green and blue. The blue and green plug go right together. What did people do with the grey one? Re-Pin it. Also, does the grey plug controller the gauge cluster at all. I have gauge lights but none of the actual gauges work. No speed, RPM's temp or fuel. I do NOT have the grey plug hooked up yet. Anyone help me?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (PDXHatchback)

i heard you have to re-wire the whole cluster again for it to work, dont take my word for it tho.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (Crank)

Nah, I know you dont have to do that. Just not sure what I do need to do.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully you still have your Civic underdash harness. You'll need to splice the integra gray plug with the civic gray plug.

I am currently doing a writeup for this. It should be up by Sunday night. It'll include wiring diagrams and pictures.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (litterbox)

I don't know if I have it or not. Thats not good. When I am splicing is it color for color? With a few extra wires that I won't use?
Old 03-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I cannot find the damn civic grey plug. Am I screwed?
Old 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I've heard that you can shave the integra plug. I don't know the specifics though. PM Poison.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to have to figure out something.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 PM

I did one in my 92 hatch I have to check but you if u used the integra dash harness
u cut ur gray civic dash harness plug and use it on the teg harness and soder in I think 9 to 11 wires into the civic dash plug?I know Im not making any sense but ill look at it tomorrow and take pics ( check to see what color wires you cut and splice together)and post if I get any free time at work?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (10K4U)

I appreciate it man!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:11 PM
PDM

Ok ive done this plenty of times.

The whole cluster needs to be rewired.

1) You need the civic dash harness and the Integra dash harness.
2) The civic dash harness is the one that will be going back under your dash. The Integra one is simply used for its plugs.
3) You cut the Plugs off the Integra harness and the plugs off the civic harness
4) The plugs off the civic harness and the actual integra harness can be put aside
5) Make sure you have a wiring chart
6) DO NOT connect by colour!!!! Connect by the pin number on the plug! Except the civic wires. On every install ive done the colours match the charts but on the integra harness ive had different colours/different pin slots/etc.

example. If pin slot number 4 on the bigger Integra plug is "ebrake" , connect what ever colour ebrake is on the civic harness to pin slot number 4 on the bigger integra plug. EACH PIN SLOT has its duty! Those pin slots WILL NEVER CHANGE, colours can and will be different! If youre really lucky you'll even find the pin slot to be empty, this is where youre going to have to take a wire out of a slot thats not in use and put it in this empty pin slot. I cannot stress this enough. IGNORE the colours (except the civic colours) and PAY ATTENTION TO THE PIN SLOT AND ITS DUTY ON YOUR CLUSTER.

After you do that you'll notice a third yellow plug that also connects to the cluster. It only has 3 wires. These wires ARE colour coded. If worse comes to worse 2 wires will match and you'll be left with one wire on each side that dont match up colour. Connect them because they will match up anyways. I cant remember exactly It was either that or the civic harness only had 2 wires and the integra 3. In that case match up the 2 and the third one is useless.

You'll also need the Integra harness for your climate control. This is seperate from the main integra dash harness and is plug and play. No wiring needed.

Thats all I can think of on the top of my head.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (PDM)

ok well im sure theirs many ways to wire it in but the way i did it (and sounds alot more easier than the other way above) is cut the gray plug off both the civic and teg harness take the civic gray plug and match the wires to each other with the teg harness:
same color wires you will connect together:
white green
blue
light green
red green
yellow red
brown black
blue yellow
yellow green
green orange
red
different color wires you will connect together:
red gray to red blue
orange to yellow blue
green black to ign or acc ( for hazards-turn signals)
hope this helps some people out on here!!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 PM
PDM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 10K4U &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok well im sure theirs many ways to wire it in but the way i did it (and sounds alot more easier than the other way above) is cut the gray plug off both the civic and teg harness take the civic gray plug and match the wires to each other with the teg harness:
same color wires you will connect together:
white green
blue
light green
red green
yellow red
brown black
blue yellow
yellow green
green orange
red
different color wires you will connect together:
red gray to red blue
orange to yellow blue
green black to ign or acc ( for hazards-turn signals)
hope this helps some people out on here!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do not follow this. While those might have been the colours youve matched up ive seen harnesses with all kinds of colours everywhere. Theres only a couple wires that ive seen that are always the same. Ive seen pink wires (no not faded red), ive seen everything. Ive seen harnesses that dont have wires in pin slots that you'll need to use. Just follow what pin slot does what and not the colour. Colour match and you'll have half your cluster working.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Color matching worked for a swap i did with a friend.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:42 PM
PDM

Default Re: (slowdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Color matching worked for a swap i did with a friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And thats how I screwed up when I first started doing the jobs. People on honda-tech say colour match it works fine... It hasnt anytime ive done it. Ive done it about 10 times and I dont think anytime ive swapped them it perfectly colour matched (while some wires do, other dont). Im not saying it doesnt im just saying its not something you want to keep hooking up back and forth until it works. Do it once, you dont want to do it over and over again. Its a lot harder doing it the second time than the first.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: (PDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And thats how I screwed up when I first started doing the jobs. People on honda-tech say colour match it works fine... It hasnt anytime ive done it. Ive done it about 10 times and I dont think anytime ive swapped them it perfectly colour matched (while some wires do, other dont). Im not saying it doesnt im just saying its not something you want to keep hooking up back and forth until it works. Do it once, you dont want to do it over and over again. Its a lot harder doing it the second time than the first.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well i guess you missed the point of this post the guy was askin how to go about wiring the gray plug for the teg dash i simply gave him the easiest way to go about it and not some involed story about how to repin it . I seriously have never heard of the way you did it but the way ive done it is the way I stated above and Ive done 3 swaps and never had problems with half the dash workin.Im sure the way you do it works but sounds a little involed.to the post maker I hope my advice works for you Its worked a plethra of times for me.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (10K4U)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 10K4U &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well i guess you missed the point of this post the guy was askin how to go about wiring the gray plug for the teg dash i simply gave him the easiest way to go about it and not some involed story about how to repin it . I seriously have never heard of the way you did it but the way ive done it is the way I stated above and Ive done 3 swaps and never had problems with half the dash workin.Im sure the way you do it works but sounds a little involed.to the post maker I hope my advice works for you Its worked a plethra of times for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am definetly going to have to go with your idea, sounds right to me.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: (PDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And thats how I screwed up when I first started doing the jobs. People on honda-tech say colour match it works fine... It hasnt anytime ive done it. Ive done it about 10 times and I dont think anytime ive swapped them it perfectly colour matched (while some wires do, other dont). Im not saying it doesnt im just saying its not something you want to keep hooking up back and forth until it works. Do it once, you dont want to do it over and over again. Its a lot harder doing it the second time than the first.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ok, so?
Im just saying it worked for me, i dont plan on doing it again cause its the gayest thing ever. So yea i dont have to worry about doing it a seconds time.
Everythink worked out fine for us. Sorry it didnt for you
Old 03-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowdx)

OK, here is what happened. I got into doing the matching and stuff and I am missing some of the colors. On the Civic side of the plug, I do not have a Green/black, red/grey, or a light green. I also have to blue's. one blue has one grey dot, the other has two grey dots. The integra side had the same blue so i connected both of them together.

As far as the acura, I do not have a yellow/blue. Which is the one where the civic orange wire connects together.

WIRES I DO HAVE.

On the civic I have a yellow, white/blue, and the orange which is supposed to go to the integra yellow/bllue. So I am not worried about the orange, I just need to figure out the what the white blue is for along with the yellow, and where in the hell is my light green.

And where do I get the greenblack for the IGN? Hopefully from the integra side cause I have no wires left.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would assume this is why its not working. I spliced together all the wires that are the same color, but I just relized the plugs I am using is a OBDI integra harness, and the grey plug I aam using is the OBDII Integra plug. I bought a OBDII dash, then bought an OBDI harness, the grey OBDII plug plugs right into the fuse panel. I do NOT have an OBD I civic grey plug. So, connectiung all the wirses is not working.(by color) I am going to need to find an OBDI civic grey plug.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:27 PM

yea man ur going to need the gray obd1 plug fron a 92-95 civic dash(to do it the way I said above).You can prob find it at a local junk yard (prob for free)
Old 03-27-2005, 09:47 PM
PDM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 10K4U &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea man ur going to need the gray obd1 plug fron a 92-95 civic dash(to do it the way I said above).You can prob find it at a local junk yard (prob for free) </TD></TR></TABLE>

You dont need to. Im not even going to say anything anymore. I said dont pay attention to the colours and everyone said im an idiot and that im making it more difficult than it was. Look what happened. ODB1 & ODB2 doesnt make a difference. The only difference is some colours may be different. Canadian Integra harnesses have different colours than US one too. Colours can be different but the slots on the harness plugs are always the same! . Find out which slot is "fuel gauge" on the integra plug and find out what slot is "fuel gauge" on the civic plug. Take the 2 wires that are going into these slots and connect them. Repeat this step with Dimmer, oil pressure switch, etc. There is though 2 power slots on civic and integra, these will colour match.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Simple Integra Dash install Question? (PDM)

You dont need to. Im not even going to say anything anymore. I said dont pay attention to the colours and everyone said im an idiot and that im making it more difficult than it was. Look what happened. ODB1 & ODB2 doesnt make a difference. The only difference is some colours may be different. Canadian Integra harnesses have different colours than US one too. Colours can be different but the slots on the harness plugs are always the same! . Find out which slot is "fuel gauge" on the integra plug and find out what slot is "fuel gauge" on the civic plug. Take the 2 wires that are going into these slots and connect them. Repeat this step with Dimmer, oil pressure switch, etc. There is though 2 power slots on civic and integra, these will colour match.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you going to provide the information. I have tried to find that for a long time and no deal.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 10K4U &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea man ur going to need the gray obd1 plug fron a 92-95 civic dash(to do it the way I said above).You can prob find it at a local junk yard (prob for free) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Got it all together, only one not working is the fuel gauge. You know what color wire that one is? Some reason its not working. Also, I think it may be a fuse maybe. Didn't really have time to check.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 AM

might be the cluster I had the same prob on mine as well but I put another cluster in there and it worked fine!!!(is ur defrost light allways on?)

Quick Reply: Simple Integra Dash install Question?