Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Silverstars Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstars Performance?

I am going to buy these bulbs tomorrow from Canadian Tire. Just had 2 quick and easy questions.

1. How do these perform in comparison to a real HID setup? or am i better of doing the whole conversion? where i live there is a lot of fog and lack of street lights.
2. Is there a specific set of silverstars i should buy?
Old 04-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (Mendes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mendes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am going to buy these bulbs tomorrow from Canadian Tire. Just had 2 quick and easy questions.

1. How do these perform in comparison to a real HID setup? or am i better of doing the whole conversion? where i live there is a lot of fog and lack of street lights.
2. Is there a specific set of silverstars i should buy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If there is a lot of fog in your area, buy or do a HID kit. Silverstars are good, but my MTEC are better, IMO. For the fog you should invest in fog lights. Most say white looks better in fog lights, but I think yellow looks better and cuts through the light better also. Hope this helps!
Old 04-17-2004, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no bulb is going to compare to H.I.D.

It's just the "look" of HID, not the output
Old 04-17-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: (slamdcivic)

silverstars are crap...i bought them for $20 a bulb....2 months later, the low beam burns out....keep the stock bulb, you cant go wrong...
Old 04-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CrOmEdOmEcHaMbEr)

they are nice, but they dont last too long. i had just told people on this board my gf's last a while, then bam, it popped. just stick with sylvannia xtra vision ones. or pick up a pair of gold bulbs from! stock wattage, and very cheap!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (iluvGiRls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iluvGiRls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
, but I think yellow looks better and cuts through the light better also. Hope this helps!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i find that yellow lights are more clear on white/ light colored pavements. i have plasma glow yellow headlights (9005 conveR in my dc)
Old 04-18-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (Mendes)

They are a tad bit better than stock. But they don't last long. You can't even tell the difference between SilverStars and Cool Blues. Might as well stay stock or get those "30% More" bulbs by GE or Sylvania (Sylvania's line is called Xtra Vision). Since you're posting in this forum I would assume you'll need 9003 or H4.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:49 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (White95CivicSi)

yeah mines only lasted around 7 months. they're pretty good bulbs though.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (AzntaggeR)

i like the sylvania sylverstars just fine... 3 months and counting.... ???
Old 04-18-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (flippedoutasian)

they dont sell those at Canadian Tire... they are illegal in Canada, BUT if u have found a Canadian Tire that sell's them plz PM me with the location
Old 04-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im on 9months w/ my silverstars
zero problems and I drive more time in the dark than I do in the day
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (Navid OG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they dont sell those at Canadian Tire... they are illegal in Canada, BUT if u have found a Canadian Tire that sell's them plz PM me with the location </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why are crappy bulbs illegal there?
Old 04-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (Napster[wGj])

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Napster[wGj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]

i find that yellow lights are more clear on white/ light colored pavements. i have plasma glow yellow headlights (9005 conveR in my dc)</TD></TR></TABLE>

k!
Old 04-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have silverstars on my car. they are totally useless in the fog. there was one foggy night where i was driving with my high beams on (patches of fog), and came up to the fog. instant white wall. i switched to the low beams...still a white wall. turned off my headlights, almost better than with them on. so here am putting along at 10 mph in the fog. if mine burn out fast, im gonna be pissed. but if when they go, im just going with the xtra vision.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i liked my silverstars....but didnt use them for more than a month. light output is good
Old 04-18-2004, 10:31 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iluvGiRls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why are crappy bulbs illegal there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if ur car doesnt come with HID's its illegal to modify them to have hids or have bulbs that look like hids... thats why on the sylvania web-site it says WILL NOT SHIP TO CANADA !
Old 04-18-2004, 11:57 AM

obviously it dont compare to HIDs...but its better than stocks...
Old 04-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMb18civic)

I have had those and I now have some GE 9003sb Bulbs from walmart. Less than 15 dollars for the pack, and they are just as white as the silverstars. Have lasted longer too.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they dont sell those at Canadian Tire... they are illegal in Canada, BUT if u have found a Canadian Tire that sell's them plz PM me with the location </TD></TR></TABLE>
BULLSHIT....i have them...bought them at canadian tire, and they even advertise them in the weekly flyer.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CrOmEdOmEcHaMbEr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">silverstars are crap...i bought them for $20 a bulb....2 months later, the low beam burns out....keep the stock bulb, you cant go wrong...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats pretty much my experience
Old 04-18-2004, 02:44 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civic duty)

sorry this is kinda jackin your thread but, is a 90 watt bulb to much for a civic? and will it fry the wires? i was using the nokyas anyone used them before?!
Old 04-18-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: (Vtecin94dx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtecin94dx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry this is kinda jackin your thread but, is a 90 watt bulb to much for a civic? and will it fry the wires? i was using the nokyas anyone used them before?!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your wires may fry or the connector plug may melt.

Stick with stock wattage bulbs. Or upgrade your wiring harness. My friend had Nokyas before. El Cheapo is all I can say.

My gf's Silverstars lasted about a year.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:57 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (White95CivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White95CivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your wires may fry or the connector plug may melt.

Stick with stock wattage bulbs. Or upgrade your wiring harness. My friend had Nokyas before. El Cheapo is all I can say.

My gf's Silverstars lasted about a year. </TD></TR></TABLE>
damn, i have had them on for atleast 3 months and nothin has happend yet.. i may have to go back to stock yellow, anyone else use nokya?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:04 PM

man they are not illigel in canda!! why not instead of looking on the website go to a c/t and look for them.
- i have cool blues on my car and they are really good,i have had them since september. my friend had the silverstars on his car for maybe 3 months max and the low beams burnt out.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Silverstars Performance? (GUNNER666)

i bought some silverstars a few weeks ago...and when i put them in, the light output was YELLOW...they were a lot brighter then stock, but they were really yellow so i returned them and haven't bought another pair since...i'm thinking of buying another pair, to see if the new ones are still yellow or not

Quick Reply: Silverstars Performance?