Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Side Mirrors..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirrors..

I figured because the saying "You get what you pay for.." that these mirrors would be crappy.

20 bucks for a driver and pass. side mirror is tempting, I wanna know what the story behind them is..

Anyone ever had these? Do they break easily or something??

I need some mirrors but dont wanna fork over 35 per mirror that some people are asking around here.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (Mafiozo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mafiozo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I figured because the saying "You get what you pay for.." that these mirrors would be crappy.

20 bucks for a driver and pass. side mirror is tempting, I wanna know what the story behind them is..

Anyone ever had these? Do they break easily or something??

I need some mirrors but dont wanna fork over 35 per mirror that some people are asking around here.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and those would be the no name type??
Old 12-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u talking about stock mirrors or after market? jdm? usdm?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (JDM BoI)

If you were specific we could recommend some. I personally like the spoon style ones on ebay for like 30$. Just be sure to loosen the adjusting spring so your not breaking mirrors every time you go to adjust.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (spyderracing32)

MY BAD GUYS

Forgot to include the link, copied it but had a brain fart..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1
Old 12-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh the m3 mirrors...i would rather go with the spoon mirrors just mu opinion though...but most ppl on here will tell u to stick with stock your spoons
Old 12-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They have those with turn signals in them too.....has anyone ever seen them? Do the signals look decent(not taste, but quality)? Just curious to see if they were flush or had some bad gaps around the signal lens.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:34 AM

Dude, did you eat paint chips when you were a kid. Unless your's are broken save your $20 bucks.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:42 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

personally I don't like the look of the M3 mirrors. I would either stay with the stock or go with the spoon (real or fake), but thats just my opinion. It's your car and your money, if you like them and think they look good then go ahead.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (TouringAccord)

you get what you pay for...

if you have power mirrors, you will lose that function. i recently bought/ordered/bid(whatever you wanna call it) new ones, mainly because mine were broken. they're the JDM power folding ones, already painted silver, so they match my car. they weren't cheap, like 120 shipped, but i'm getting them as a christmas present so it's no loss to me at all.

i didn't buy them just for the power fold ability, i need a new driver's side mirror, with power adjust function, and they're painted the same shade silver, so that's why i chose them. as stuff breaks, i upgrade(why i went from stock seats to del sol)
Old 12-15-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (TekSI)

buy my old spoon knockoffs with broken glass for $10 lol
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (jay.dee.em1)

Only reason I am considering it is because I need replacement mirrors on both sides and I need em cheap.. someone wants 35 bucks per mirror for OEM and I ain't having that.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:31 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the non power fake spoons on ebay for I think $50 back in May. They still look the same as the day I bought them. They haven't chipped at all. I'm happy with them. They're light as hell, I thought I'd break them in a month but so far they have been very durable.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (litterbox)

Yea, those are the ones I'm thinking about.. 50ish bucks for 2 mirrors isnt bad. Better than the 60 for 2 OEM..
Old 12-15-2004, 09:37 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, m3, m3 + led, spoon, whatever, its still a mirror, the spoon mirrors on ebay are just as cheap looking to me as the m3's. I would say.... it all depends on where your taking your car..

if your on honda-tech you should aim a little higher than ebay m3 mirrors. Why don't you dig a little deeper, work a little harder, and get a littler better.... real spoon mirrors.

only reason, why settle for ****, the real spoon mirrors are so nice, thick base, lightweight mirror, perfect fit...

shrug,
Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Side Mirrors.. (menkio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menkio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only reason, why settle for ****, the real spoon mirrors are so nice, thick base, lightweight mirror, perfect fit...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
my **** spoon mirrors fit perfectly and have stayed in place.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menkio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, m3, m3 + led, spoon, whatever, its still a mirror, the spoon mirrors on ebay are just as cheap looking to me as the m3's. I would say.... it all depends on where your taking your car..

if your on honda-tech you should aim a little higher than ebay m3 mirrors. Why don't you dig a little deeper, work a little harder, and get a littler better.... real spoon mirrors.

only reason, why settle for ****, the real spoon mirrors are so nice, thick base, lightweight mirror, perfect fit...

shrug,</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am in college, no job, living off my parents.. this money I'm spending is college loan money to get this car in working condition.

I'm trying to get temporary stuff for now because in about 6 months to a year, this thing is gonna get decked out with nothing but the best.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menkio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">only reason, why settle for ****, the real spoon mirrors are so nice, thick base, lightweight mirror, perfect fit...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard the real Spoon mirrors still have to be adjusted so that your not looking at the ground on the passenger side just like the knock-offs. Don't get me wrong, the real Spoon mirrors are really nice, I just don't see the point in paying for the real ones when you need to do the same amount of work as you would with the fake ones (or atleast that what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong). That and the fake ones are cheaper allowing me to spend that money on other things like the suspension or motor. But if I had the extra money I would probably buy the real Spoons. But since I don't have that extra cash I'll have to do with the knock-offs. I need to do something though, I'm getting tired of no passenger side mirror.