Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Si and ex gauge cluster (cheap si cluster out of ex model)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Si and ex gauge cluster (cheap si cluster out of ex model)

Ok I just got done searching this and see if anyone has done this before, but didnt come up with anything. Ok its a little stupid but I like it. I have a 97 ex civic, me personaly like how the 99-00 si cluster looks. Well I was looking through ebay and found the glow gauges for a si cheap like 16.00. So I started to compare pics of a ex and a si cluster. Well when I compared them I noticed that the speedo lines were in about the exact same place. But the rpm lines were a bit off, but the red line was in the exact same place on the gauges themselfs. So I ordered them and set them on top of each other and even though the tach is a bit off it still redlines in the same place but instead of it saying 7k it says 8k. Well thats fine for me since I could care less about my rpms being off. I just bought the gauges for the looks because of the font and style. So if anyone was wanting a si cluster and dont want to pay the price I have tested it and the faces will interchange and your rpm will be off after 1k but you will look like you are redlining at 8k but in reality your cars only reving to 7k. I figured I would post FYI.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Si and ex gauge cluster (cappa)

good write-up i also feel the same way as you, might have to try and do this also...
Old 12-13-2004, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Si and ex gauge cluster (zeroice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good write-up i also feel the same way as you, might have to try and do this also... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks I could have taken pics but I dont really think it would make a difference. Also the ones I found you dont have to take off your needles but one and its either the temp or gas needle. I chose the temp one because it is hella easier to take off and warm the car back up to normal speeds and then stick it on where it normaly is while driving
Old 12-13-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Si and ex gauge cluster (cappa)

Anyone do this b4??
Old 12-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's been talked about before, but do you want to have inaccurate readings on your speedo and tach? (yes, both will be off). the fuel/temp is the same though.
You could save and change your guages one at a time. The Si ones work in your cluster. In the end it will cost you about the same as buying an Si cluster but you can do it a bit at a time and they will be brand new...

Or just get the Si cluster and sell your EX cluster to get some money back. Making your guages all read wrong just for some visual effect doesn't make sense to me.

But if all you want to know is do they fit, sure they will.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: (klungemonger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by klungemonger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's been talked about before, but do you want to have inaccurate readings on your speedo and tach? (yes, both will be off). the fuel/temp is the same though.
You could save and change your guages one at a time. The Si ones work in your cluster. In the end it will cost you about the same as buying an Si cluster but you can do it a bit at a time and they will be brand new...

Or just get the Si cluster and sell your EX cluster to get some money back. Making your guages all read wrong just for some visual effect doesn't make sense to me.

But if all you want to know is do they fit, sure they will.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Speedo isnt off but 1 mph plus it doesnt matter since I have 17's on my car to start. rpms are of a bit but no big deal either. But I know it fits I was just stating that myself.