Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Si doors on EJ6 hatch

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Si doors on EJ6 hatch

hey... i was wonderin if anyone knew but uhh... i've got a civic DX HB. meanin it's got no power door locks or power windows... also... my driverside window runs off the track whenever i roll it down. so uhh... i'm getting these Si doorpanels for which come with the powered things... so i was wondering if anyone knew how to uninstall one of those things and what all i needed and what's exactly under the panel that i need to make it work. thanks a lot.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Si doors on EJ6 hatch (mealsoaswelltoo)

hey... i was wonderin if anyone knew but uhh... i've got a civic DX HB. meanin it's got no power door locks or power windows... also... my driverside window runs off the track whenever i roll it down. so uhh... i'm getting these Si doorpanels for which come with the powered things... so i was wondering if anyone knew how to uninstall one of those things and what all i needed and what's exactly under the panel that i need to make it work. thanks a lot.
sup, remember me. i put in power windows and locks out of the 98 ex into my hatch. i took the undercarpet wiring out of the ex and put it in my hatch, that's the long way to do it. you'll have to take your fenders off for the wiring. if you want to take the easy way out you can run the wiring under the dash. but either way, get the stock si wiring from under the carpet. making your own wiring will be a major pain in the ***. it also plugs into the fuse box. you'll have to add one or two fuses. the glass is the same on both. btw my friend's 97 dx left window runs off the track too for some reason. he can't roll it down anymore.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Si doors on EJ6 hatch (civicdxtyper)

alright... so all i need are 2 actuators, 2 motors, and wires that connect to them up until the fuse and wires under the carpet... sounds good.... anyone else got anything ... $.02 or something? how about any help on the window runnin off the track? anyone? thanks.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:39 PM
New User

the window regulators should be adjustable, take the door panel off and back off the bolts that hold window tracks to the door webbing and adjust them. If you dont feel mechanically inclined enough, you can go to an auto glass installation place and they will do it for you.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright... so all i need are 2 actuators, 2 motors, and wires that connect to them up until the fuse and wires under the carpet... sounds good.... anyone else got anything ... $.02 or something? how about any help on the window runnin off the track? anyone? thanks.
if you're upgrading to power, why bother fixing your manual stuff? you're going to throw it away anyway.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:06 PM

You can't just slap motors on the manual regulator and everything, you have to buy the whole assembly, everything. And wires can't or rather should not be run under the carpet. The will be crushed in the door crease and look ghetto as hell. The wires must be run through the stock wire tube (the tube running from the door into the car near where the door hinges are. As soon as it warms up I will be putting power windows in my 92 Si.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Si doors on EJ6 hatch (Chiller514)

You can't just slap motors on the manual regulator and everything, you have to buy the whole assembly, everything. And wires can't or rather should not be run under the carpet. The will be crushed in the door crease and look ghetto as hell. The wires must be run through the stock wire tube (the tube running from the door into the car near where the door hinges are. As soon as it warms up I will be putting power windows in my 92 Si.
nobody said anything about slapping motors on the manual regulators . read more carefully before you start saying stupid ****. yes wires are run under the carpet, in the crease where the floor betweens the wall under the doors. then its run across the car underneath the carpet underneath the seat. you obviously can't see the wires because they're under the carpet. that's where honda put them, so i don't get the ghetto part. trust me, i know what i'm talking about. i did this a few months ago in my 97 hatch.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:34 PM

hehe...thanks a lot guys... but turns out the dude with the si... didn't get his car back... he had totalled it and was gonna buy it back or wahtever but didn't... so anyone got any F/S in Houston area?